Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Depression, hopelessness. Thoughts?

[Bu...]

Hi. I'd appreciate anyones thoughts on coping with despair. Don't feel like there's a tomorrow for me. Didn't think I could go lower than i was but here I am. Thanks.

It is very hard dealing with this but just remember there is an end!! Try to think about the positive things in your life and the people that you love!!

We will get better and from what I've read all of this pain is the body healing. So try to think of it as healing instead of torture.... I know its hard but when you feel like it is impossible, tell yourself this is your body fixing itself.  Hang in there it has to get better!! :hug:

I deal with these feelings everyday...Sometimes I wonder how I make it through but it's the survival instinct that keeps us going and the hope that we can get through this to a brighter place.

I've been feeling this really bad the last week or two. It came out of nowhere and completely took me by surprise. I'm so sorry you all are dealing with this. I'm having a hard time coping. This just feels like the worst I've felt since I started tapering in September, and yet in some ways, I'm better, but having intrusive thoughts makes it feel like you're at rock bottom.

I understand.

I think stress brought mine on as I was holding my taper.

Can you hide how you feel from your family and friends? I am struggling to do that.

Best wishes to all

waves are Real. and when I get into a wave of symptoms, I immediately forget that I've gone through waves before and that i've come out of them. I've had windows. and you will too. each of us will experience the waves and windows differently. but it's a sign of healing. Acceptance of those waves is really hard- but helpful. Try to distract yourself, you might only be able to distract yourself for up to 2 seconds. but it will help.

Thank you Tikvah.

Are your waves lasting for several weeks or just days/hours?

I thought I was following Ashton but I came down in 2s instead of 1s. It has been a real rollercoaster.

waves are Real. and when I get into a wave of symptoms, I immediately forget that I've gone through waves before and that i've come out of them. I've had windows. and you will too. each of us will experience the waves and windows differently. but it's a sign of healing. Acceptance of those waves is really hard- but helpful. Try to distract yourself, you might only be able to distract yourself for up to 2 seconds. but it will help.

• 7 months later...

the wave in May lasted about 2 weeks. and then windows and waves came and went with a similar time frame. waves 2 weeks  window 2 weeks etc.  i'm now 5.5 months since my last dose of benzo, and am currently in a big wave of symptoms. for most of June to December i experienced a lot of windows from mental anguish, but had physical symptoms that were apparent (no windows with physical symptoms, always am experiencing some physical symptom)

how are you doing these days?