Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Getting off Ativan

[Bo...]

Hi,

new member here, with terrible anxiety when reading these forums, so I will keep this short for now, to provide some basic info.

I am using Ativan, at bedtime for 11 months. 1mg with some occasional days of 1.5mg and even 2mg (very rarely).

I think I might be experiencing inter-dose WD and I think this stuff messed with my CNS such that my anxiety has increased to a point where I am unable to deal with any negative kind of thing without experiencing an adrenalin rush.

I even started an AD recently, small dose, working up,  without realizing the symptoms might be tolerance-wd.

Looking to get off Ativan now, while having insomnia and anxiety.

Hello Boris-DC :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are pleased you joined and look forward to hearing more from you.  I can understand you being anxious, try not to worry, you will come through this.

Reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb. Many go slower, whatever feels comfortable, listen to your body.

Check out the forum, you will find some great support and lots of information.

I'll leave you a few links:

Withdrawal Support

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

If you can take time to check out The Ashton Manual, It gives us a better understanding why we feel the way we do 

The Ashton Manual.

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi Boris, good to have you here. Sadly, Ativan can cause these symptoms when you reach tolerance and withdrawal is very hard indeed…..but possible……I just did it! Down from 4mg to zero in a year of slow tapering. Here to help.

Hardy