Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

help

[Be...]

Been off of diazapam for four months after taking them twenty years by prescription. Still having a lot of issues and hoping for some help to deal with them.

Hello Benzofree25 :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies

We are glad you are here, you will get plenty of support. Congratulations on being benzo free. Did you taper off?  I know 4 months is a long time but  It can take a while longer in benzo withdrawal, you will get better given  more time.  Please feel free to ask questions and post to any of our dedicated threads.  We have many supportive and kind members here who will support you and give sound advice.

Are you familiar with the Ashton Manual. It is an excellent resource about these types of medication and their effect on the body. It provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms

Here are a couple useful links:

Professor Ashtons Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard.

Magrita

Hi there, welcome 🙂

We are in a very similar situation. I am just over 5 months off of Diazepam after 20 years of taking them by prescription.

How are you doing?

You will come through it, I know its a tough journey, I was on diazepam 26 years.  That’s how it was for me, and most of us,  sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Acceptance is key, accepting its going to take a while.  Try to distract from symptoms if you possibly can, just keep on keeping on, it will start to get better for you with more time.

Hang in there

Magrita :smitten: