Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

is it worth trying to figure out?

[Ma...]

Hi, all - So, I have anxiety and I have not a good job over time taking good care of it. I am using this opportunity to try to do better in the future, leaning in vs freaking out, running away, controlling...

And, as I mentioned, I started taking the Ativan "as needed", which has become "I need it"."  A month into my tapering and sometimes I will just get all revved up and quivery inside. I cannot tell if it is me not dealing with some emotion I should be taking care of or if these kinds of things can just happen when tapering, when you're in between your next taper dose, etc. It would help me to understand a bit more if anyone has insights and/or experiences I can learn from. I tried doing some guided meditation an hour ago and with my anxiety, that would have helped. That's why I'm wondering if this is the taper talking, the brain chemistry shifting, since it did absolutely nothing for the quaking. Interestingly, writing and some time has helped. Not alleviated, but helped.

Hi Raven, Yes it is the withdrawals. I am tapering off of lorazepam right now and I have had withdrawals throughout my taper. Tapering does not prevent withdrawals it just helps to keep them minimal.  Hope this helps.

It totally helps. Thank you. Sometimes I think I'm just being a whiny complainer or making stuff up. Today its hit me really hard after a good morning: floating nausea, revviness/internal shaking, dry eyes, feeling like I could have swung into panic without much difficulty. No fun, no fun.

Its really difficult to address root anxiety when going through this process because the drug and the withdrawals ramp it up to insane levels.  I didn't have anxiety, I sought Klonopin to help with sleep so experiencing the benzo induced anxiety was a real eye opener and taught me a lot about those who suffer from chronic anxiety, it isn't fun! 

Try not to be so hard on yourself, this stuff is awful and its so hard to focus on anything else when it completely rules our lives.  Once you're free and recovered, I'm sure you'll find your normal anxiety is a lot more manageable, at least that's what I've heard from recovered members.