Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hi :) anyone successfully taper off a low dose of Xanax with Valium?

Hi guys,

I'm new. :) I've been taking Xanax for four and a half years, 0.5 mg at bedtime. I went to a new psychiatrist yesterday and were doing the Ashton method. I'm starting on 7mg of Valium every night before bed. Every 5 days I am cutting down 1mg. Do you guys think I will be okay with this regiment? I'm scared.

Thanks,

Britt

[a1...]

Hi guys,

I'm new. :) I've been taking Xanax for four and a half years, 0.5 mg at bedtime. I went to a new psychiatrist yesterday and were doing the Ashton method. I'm starting on 7mg of Valium every night before bed. Every 5 days I am cutting down 1mg. Do you guys think I will be okay with this regiment? I'm scared.

Thanks,

Britt

Britt,

I think the Valium will help with the inter-dose withdrawal if you're having any of that.

Also, Valium is the idea Benzo for tapering. It is sedating and has its own effects, but I think it will possibly be a good idea to cross over.

Many here have crossed to Valium from Ativan, Xanax, Klonopin, and other Benzo's and Z-drugs.

Just to let you know 0.5mg of Xanax = 10mg of Valium.

You could start at 7mg if that's what you desire to do.

Cutting 1mg every week, well, you could start out cutting 1mg but some find as they taper, that it gets a bit hard at the end.

Some find they feel better.

Anyway, you could start out cutting 1mg, but I would personally wait every 7-14 days (2 weeks). If things get too rough at the ending, which you can make that decision.. when you cross that bridge, to cut by .5mg Valium.

S#