Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Terrible stomach issues and pain, 23 months and one week out. Help!

[Li...]

I know I posted something similar to this a bit ago. So forgive me. But it's really gotten worse . And I'm just very discouraged and stressed out right now. Has anyone had terrible stomach issues 23 months out? I had the same symptoms earlier in withdrawal. They have returned. It's difficult to eat, so much stomach pain. And terrible heartburn. Last night it kept me up the whole night.  Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if it improved? I hope it's normal to have it return like this. What's crazy is I don't get too many windows but last Sunday I had one that lasted the whole entire day and then at bedtime it just slammed shut. I thought I was turning a corner. This is so confusing. Was hoping for another one but it's just gotten worse. Thanks in advance,

LiveLife

LiveLife this sounds bad. Have you considered consulting a gastro? I had bad stomach pains at the end of my taper and it turned out I had 2 bleeding ulcers.  :sick:  Just a thought -- then you'll know for sure. The treatment was simple -- a PPI for a couple of weeks.

Sorry for you, Live,

Katz

Pamster,

When I was in the window I could eat and I had a really good appetite. It felt wonderful! I still had some side pain and a few other symptoms but everything was very manageable. I'd like more days like that. I used to get one window day a week a year ago. Then they all kind of stopped. Recently they've been popping back in here and there but to have a whole day like that on Sunday was quite something. It made me so happy. I woke up and the symptoms kind of came and went and then they just went and it felt wonderful. I hope that means something good. Hugs!

LiveLife

Katz,

I've had testing done ultrasound and a colonoscopy. And everything looked fine. This is so frustrating! Hugs!

LiveLife

It sounds like its all benzo related if you've had reprieves during windows, 2 years out and you're still having this intense pain, I hate these drugs!  :tickedoff:

Pamster,

That definitely makes sense. This whole process is unbelievable the length of time it takes and how slow it can be. Sure hope I'm nearing my end soon. Hugs!

LiveLife

Live!  Just read thread, I know I’m not as far out as you but was just checking in.  I’m so sorry for your tummy issues, pain in side, all your troubles. But then!!!!  As we know here comes a nice

window that visits.  WOW that’s great, for awhile anyway.  How’s your taste? Has that been better? 

I truly believe you are going to get through this soon my sweet sister. We have that faith that is the assured expectation of things hoped for.  So keep that in your back pocket. 

Tons of hugggs.      Kudos2

Kudos,

So great to hear from you. Thank you for the encouraging words. Yes my smell and taste are back. Been suffering tremendously. Even though I had the window on Sunday and I had a bit of a window yesterday last night the fear came raging back and it's with me today. All these crazy symptoms have been so intense. I can barely hang on. How have you been doing? Hugs!

LiveLife

It sounds like its all benzo related if you've had reprieves during windows, 2 years out and you're still having this intense pain, I hate these drugs!  :tickedoff:

Pamster

I admire your empathy.