Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

On, actually now I'm terrified

[Gr...]

I was in the hospital the other day because I was having a reaction to something they gave me at the dentist office. I'm assuming the carbocaine. Anyway, in the hospital they gave me an Ativan so now I'm terrified because I had that and now have an infection in my extraction site and don't know what antibiotic I can take. Help!

Hi Grandma,

I do know that you shouldn't use the Fluoroquinolone antibiotics, but not sure about others. Hopefully someone on here that has more knowledge on antibiotics will show up and help you out... Sorry I couldn't be of more help!!

No one can agree on which antibiotics are safe for us, what helps one person hurts another but please don't let this stop you from taking care of this infection that could be life threatening.

Grandma,

I had a dental infection back in October after some work was done. I was given an antibiotic and was terrified to use it but finally I did and it was not a problem. I used Augmentin. Don't know if that will work for you or not. Hugs!

LiveLife

You're right Pamster. It's true that the same antibiotic doesn't work the same for everyone.  I was just feeling desperate and hoping  to hear about one that worked well for a lot of you on here.  I am on Clidamycin now so hoping that is a good one.

Thanks Live life. I am hoping the one I am on now will work.

I meant Clindamycin not Clidamycin.  My doctor's did call me back pretty quickly today.  I begged him to give me something that didn't mess with my GABA receptors so we will see how it goes!

Grandma,

I wish you all the best and hope it goes well for you. I know how nerve-racking it can be. But I'm sure you'll be fine. Hugs!

LiveLife

I can relate to this.  After I took a rescue does of clonazepam, afterwards I had a lot of anxiety about the thought of having more withdrawal symptoms.  In retrospect I wish I would have just calmed down and dealt with whatever was at hand at the moment. 

Here is an update on the tooth  infection, antibiotics, Etc.:

I went ahead and took the Clindamycin antibiotic and it did seem to help with the healing of the infection.  My dentist said it is looking so much better. 

Thanks to everyone for your helpful comments!