Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Diazepam as a crutch for easing pppd issues

[on...]

Wanting to know if anyone used a benzo such as diazepam for helping with symptoms coming from pppd (persistant,perceptual positional dizziness).

I am 70 yrs female with this condition it is a form of vertigo.I am taking 2 mg valium twice a day.

Been taking off and on for 8 yrs.This condition gives me a floating and balance issues especially when I walk and turn my head.Symptoms go away or quiet down a lot when I sleep or sit down

Hello onebox, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm not familiar with your condition but I do know that benzodiazepine tolerance, withdrawal and recovery cause people symptoms of boatyness, dizziness and vertigo, I didn't realize they can help with the condition they create in others. 

How long have you had this condition, has it been going on for more than 8 years, was it there before you started the Valium?

I'll provide some links so you can ask other members for their feedback, I'll be interested to hear more about your condition.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual