Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

First time Akathisia in month 6 off from valerian alcohol tincture (probably)

[I ...]

Hi buddies, again me.

The last two weeks of the month 5 were pretty good, I was even listening music and dancing often.

The intrusive thoughts stopped or at least I didn't gave them attention and I was feeling pretty nice.

The beginning of month 6 (these days) I couldn't sleep one night cause I was exited for the interview of the new job that I got 😊, and I took drops valerian from my husband without to think that they are tincture with alcohol.

Jesus Christ, the same night I got for a first time Akathisia and I didn't slept at all.

This symptom continued the last nearly whole week and I'm so exhausted.

The nights are real nightmare.

Usually even in the acute in the night I was very calm and I was sleeping good. I never had Akathisia together with adrenaline rushes. Every sound freaks me. I'm thinking is earthquake. My body can't be calm. Non stop moving in the bed.

This happens only in the night.

By day I'm good but exhausted because of the sleep deprivation.

I can't believe how unpredictable is the withdrawal.

From few drops alcohol I got setback with new symptoms.

It's just too much!

It looks so long this path!

Sooo longgg!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I'm in the same boat after consuming a little alcohol on a national holiday. The next day I woke up with strong anxiety surges, nausea and hightened tinnitus. For me its almost a week now. I can't believe that such a small amount of alcohol can set off such a setback. It frightens me.

Can't be of much help, but can relate very well. I hope we will recover from this soon.

I'm sorry for you also.

Will pass for sure, but is really exhausting.

We are over sensitive in this period.

We must be very careful.

Thank you ❤️

Yes the alcohol can do that..BUT..valerian is natures valium...so that's part of it too. So you got a double whammy. So sorry! It will pass. Good luck on the job. Keep your stress low - it helps healing:)

Hi buddies, again me.

I just passed Month 6 , that was not Fun at all....most of Sympt. back again and lots of waves, But good news for you....I learned the Worse the wave is, The Better Window is expecting you after.......SOOOOO, Soon you will be in Good Window, I know you might not Believe it (like myself did) :) But it is coming :) ...If you had Good Windows, they will Repeat and extend soon  :)

Highly doubt it's the alcohol -- you're not drinking the whole bottle of the tincture are you? I think many of these waves are untriggered but we try to assign triggers to them anyways. Hang in there!