Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can the tinnitus go away?

[So...]

Hi,

I have really loud tinnitus. Its many different sounds and its in both my ears and in my head. Its so loud that nothing can mask it really. Its getting louder and louder. I have both high frequency and low frequency tones that keep changing all the time.

Anyone experience tinntus getting better or totally disappear with time?

Hi I have tinnitus as well. I'm in a rough spot now, but I have seen my tinnitus change in intensity over the months. Sometimes I didn't notice it, sometimes it was louder. When my withdrawals are strong, my tinnitus is strong. So maybe when withdrawals subside tinnitus will subside also.

I’ve had non-stop tinnitus for at least 15 years. So far it hasn’t really changed since weaning off and stopping Xanax. 

Mine just sort of faded away and is totally gone now.  Getting caught up in believing that all WD symptoms are definitely permanent vs. likely transient is one of the most demoralizing WD symptoms.

I've had tinnitus for years.  It got worse during withdrawl but it is back to baseline now.  I certainly hope this clears up for you because it can be so frustrating.

How are your sleep habits?  Tinnitus is often related to lack of sleep which we all experience during WD and even after.

I have been off for 75 days and my tinnitus comes and goes. The fact that there are days when I seemingly don't have any tells me it's just a temporary thing while I'm healing. Try not to focus on it too much, that usually makes it worse for me. Like I didn't really have much at all and after seeing this post both ears started ringing lol.

My tinnitus is super rare now. When it does come its a mild whooshing that lasts only a couple minutes.

Hi,

I have really loud tinnitus. Its many different sounds and its in both my ears and in my head. Its so loud that nothing can mask it really. Its getting louder and louder. I have both high frequency and low frequency tones that keep changing all the time.

Anyone experience tinntus getting better or totally disappear with time?

I still have it after 7 month, some people reported it is gone after 3 Years ..some Earlier.

When I go to Busy or noisy Areas, It becomes Worse and Worse :)  , some thing Else I noticed, When I open my Jaws to the Max. I feel it becomes Louder  too  :D

I'm coming up on 3 years off and I consider myself healed.....but the tinnitus stayed. HOWEVER it faded to very low and tolerable level. It does not stop me from loud earbud, or going to rock concerts!!!! I just know it will be worse when do that's all.