Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ever cancel your dr appointments because you just can’t?

[...]

Anyone else cancel their dr appointments because they are either physically in too much pain, or mentally just can’t handle it at that moment? I am kind of trapped in this… I make much needed appointments when I’m in a window, then the day comes to go to the appointment, or maybe even the day before, I start going downhill fast, physically and mentally. It’s like you know how stressful and painful just getting to the appointment is, and you KNOW you aren’t gonna be able to handle it that day…. So you reschedule…. For the third time… hoping a window will come and you will have the strength to get through an appointment

I just went through a three or four day window, was feeling pretty ok besides the normal s/x so I went ahead and got my dental work done. I was feeling proud of myself because I’m pretty much bedridden and doing all that was a lot for me. The very next day BAM a huge wave hit which I’m still in :(

Definitely.  I've even rescheduled them when I've been feeling good bc I didn't want the stress to send me into a wave.  Like, there's no good time for an appointment!

Before COVID moved everything to virtual I was canceling my therapy pretty frequently. Once everything went virtual I didn't see the point.

I did cancel my appointment with the ophthalmologist for IPL in January after I wasn't able to sleep one night too.

It's overwhelming when you have those symptoms to tack on the stress of an appointment. I mean for me I had agoraphobia I was dealing with too (which thankfully has already faded and I am just 2 1/2 months off) which made it even harder. I had to go to the dentist for the first time in like 13 years last year and had a lot of work done at the end of my taper... That was fun lol.