Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feel worse after dose?

[...]

I went from 2mg Xanax to 10mg Valium in December of 2021

I have been holding at 7.5/8mg Valium since Feb of this year

Recently I noticed that after I take my morning dose, (around 11 or noon) my heart rate speeds up a little and I feel more anxious than usual (all the time) I have issues with heart rate fluctuating and BP depending on how I sit or lay because I have largely been bedbound since Nov 2021

Does this happen to anyone else? Feeling worse after a dose?

I take like roughly 3.75 for my morning dose and a little less than 5mg at night

I think I am in a bad wave. I was just having a decent window, decent enough to have to molars extracted and I didn’t bat an eyelash, no panic, nothing. And now this hits me outta nowhere

I can’t explain it and was wondering if anyone else deals with this, specifically while tapering Valium

Thanks and God bless

I crossed over from 2mg Xanax to 10mg Valium in December of 2021

Recently I noticed that after I take my morning dose, (around 11 or noon) my heart rate speeds up a little and I feel more anxious than usual (all the time) I have issues with heart rate fluctuating and BP depending on how I sit or lay because I have largely been bedbound since Nov 2021

I take like roughly 3.75 for my morning dose and a little less than 5mg at night

I think I am in a bad wave. I was just having a decent window, decent enough to have to molars extracted and I didn’t bat an eyelash, no panic, nothing. And now this hits me outta nowhere

I can’t explain it and was wondering if anyone else deals with this, specifically while tapering Valium

Thanks and God bless

Sorry Z I feel your frustration I got it all the time during my day time doses

I’ve read that it’s a paradoxical reaction from the drug but who knows for sure. For me it cud have been psychological just hating taking the poison

I do know that when I finally tapered off my daytime doses that I felt better. Still crappy but better

Never got it on my night time dose for some reason

I hope it gets better for you Z

Prayers your way

Joeb

Thanks and God bless

I’ve read that it’s a paradoxical reaction from the drug but who knows for sure. For me it cud have been psychological just hating taking the poison

I do know that when I finally tapered off my daytime doses that I felt better. Still crappy but better

Prayers your way

Joeb

Thanks for your kind words

Thanks and God bless

Prayers your way

Joeb

Your very welcome Zman

I hope things have calmed down for you

Looks like your making progress

Valium wd has been nonlinear for me at times also

The 3-7 day post cut hit was usual for me but every now and then I’d get hit at later days out

I never cud figure it out. The long half is good in some ways but sometimes not so good

I hope things get better as you taper down

Joeb

Thanks and God bless

Prayers your way

Joeb

Your very welcome Zman

The 3-7 day post cut hit was usual for me but every now and then I’d get hit at later days out

I never cud figure it out. The long half is good in some ways but sometimes not so good

Joeb

Did you mean the long “hold” was good for you in some ways?

I have this happen from time to time taking my dose feels worse why I don't know, but when it doesn't it don't do anything to help my symptoms at all  Nova  :smitten:

Yes, always. I feel awful during the day after taking my dose. It get fog and tons of anxiety and other awful feelings on my worst days. It's one of the reasons I want to try and get off it first and then focus on the other. My nighttime dose doesn't make me feel bad at all.

I used to feel bad during the day and often by 5pm, I'd be back to me. Now, my symptoms tend to last into the evenings, sometimes until 9pm or later.

Thanks and God bless

Prayers your way

Joeb

Your very welcome Zman

Joeb

Did you mean the long “hold” was good for you in some ways?

sorry I meant to say the long half life

Yes, this happened to me too. It wasn't consistent, happened for a few months and stopped. Honestly throughout the four years I was tapering, there was no real consistency with the symptoms, they shifted over time. Just keep pressing on and if you have to hold for a bit, don't be afraid to do so.

Yes, this happened to me too. It wasn't consistent, happened for a few months and stopped. Honestly throughout the four years I was tapering, there was no real consistency with the symptoms, they shifted over time. Just keep pressing on and if you have to hold for a bit, don't be afraid to do so.

DO you mind sharing in detail how you did the V micro taper?

Anyone know if getting off the morning dose would reduce this issue assuming I don't get hit with interdose wd sx? Has anyone done this and had an easier time?

Anyone know if getting off the morning dose would reduce this issue assuming I don't get hit with interdose wd sx? Has anyone done this and had an easier time?

Hi HFH

Not sure if this helps since Im tapering Valium which has a longer half life. But I dropped/tapered my midday dose first, it felt better for me. It was the same with my morning dose. It cud be partly psychological in not having to take MED but I thought it was better

Hopefully some Klonopin folks will weigh in on this

Joeb