Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Theres no way i can handle months of this

[pl...]

this ispure hell on earth. like wtf did i do to deserve anh of this hell. i cry everyday pain is so much i can hardly sit still. im so fcken exhausted i need help probably from psychiatrist but what can they even do. im just in so much immeasurable pain i dojt see hiw anyone can survive this wowwwwwwwww

I'm so sorry you are going through this. You will make it. We all know where you are at. One moment at a time, you will make it through. We are here for you.

I'm sorry you're going through this too.  Nobody deserves it- nobody deserves this level of torture for so long. 

That said, you're in the right place- we've all, I'm sure, had those same thoughts but yet somehow kept going.  It'll get better... Eventually, even if just a little bit.

It gets better... Unfortunately how you are feeling is normal for how long you have been off the drugs... You just need to distract and let time pass... Time will heal you..

I'm sorry plad.  I feel your pain.  :'(

We think we won't get through it, but we do.  There's no alternative.  I honestly don't know how I made it, but I have, and am so glad I kept going.  Minutes at a time, sometimes.  No relief.  Relentless. 

I'm not fully recovered, but I know I'm getting there at last.  Big changes in DR where I now feel I'm returning to the 'real' world.  I had physical pain, hips, legs, all over really, but my symptoms were predominately mental.  Save me God.  I'm going insane.  Much better now. Don't want to jinx myself tho. 

It does get better plad.  I promise.  Hang in, and hang in here to talk.  :thumbsup:

No one deserves this.  No one. 

Dee

:smitten:

I promise you it gets better...but in the meantime yes this is literal torture. Day by day ...moment by moment.

One foot in front of the other (or crawl...whatever works).

I work, the pain is gone and so many other symptoms. I just moved a ton od compost around in my garden yesterday. I laugh, I get excited and inspired again. Tinnitus is rare now. I sleep HARD. I can nap again. I'm not fully healed yet but holy moly I feel alive again.

You will too.

I promise you it gets better...but in the meantime yes this is literal torture. Day by day ...moment by moment.

One foot in front of the other (or crawl...whatever works).

I work, the pain is gone and so many other symptoms. I just moved a ton od compost around in my garden yesterday. I laugh, I get excited and inspired again. Tinnitus is rare now. I sleep HARD. I can nap again. I'm not fully healed yet but holy moly I feel alive again.

You will too.

This made me smile, thank you for posting :)

Hey there plad,

How long have you been off? And what were you on?

If you are early off.....I understand the wtf? How can it be this bad?

And yeah, no one deserves it. It's ridiculous and unbelievable how bad it really is.

It is survivable! Me and others here have done it. So let us encourage you!!!

But let us know how long you been of and if you tapered so we know how to best encourage ok!

Plad, I also was on a benzo for a very very short time. The hell doesn't last, and gets manageable with time. Even though recovery to "100% healed" is long, the recovery to "this sucks a lot, but I can do this" doesn't take as much. Take care of your sleep, (routine, mindfulness), your physical health (exercise saved me), your diet, and your mental state (let your work know you're in a crisis, delegate responsibilities, etc...), and you'll come out of this a better person. Record your symptoms daily and notice the improvement over weeks. Hang in there.

Hey there plad,

And yeah, no one deserves it. It's ridiculous and unbelievable how bad it really is.

But let us know how long you been of and if you tapered so we know how to best encourage ok!

I was taking etizolam once a week for around 8 months just before bed. and i think the very last time i took it it must of snapped my brain tolereance because after that day i started feeling terrible with all symptoms that align with benzo withdrawls. And i dosed a fre mkre times after that to remove the terrible feeling but instead felt even worse after each time.

Hey there plad,

I was taking etizolam once a week for around 8 months just before bed. and i think the very last time i took it it must of snapped my brain tolereance because after that day i started feeling terrible with all symptoms that align with benzo withdrawls. And i dosed a fre mkre times after that to remove the terrible feeling but instead felt even worse after each time.

its been about 10 days since i last dosed

Aww ok so 8 months of daily dose and then you basically Cold turkeyed, then took a few rescue doses but they didn't really help and made you feel worse.

Ok so yes, 10 days off puts you in the acute WD phase. It very much SUCKS!!!!!!! But here's the thing, it is survivable! It just takes time. I know. I know. It already feels like a freaking eternity when. You are suffering. But honestly, it does get better. Each person's timeline is different, but everyone feels shitty in the beginning!!

Have you been able to read some success stories here? Or use this as a resource to search for common symptoms and such so you can gain an understanding of what is "normal" in withdrawal?

Aww ok so 8 months of daily dose and then you basically Cold turkeyed, then took a few rescue doses but they didn't really help and made you feel worse.

Ok so yes, 10 days off puts you in the acute WD phase. It very much SUCKS!!!!!!! But here's the thing, it is survivable! It just takes time. I know. I know. It already feels like a freaking eternity when. You are suffering. But honestly, it does get better. Each person's timeline is different, but everyone feels shitty in the beginning!!

Have you been able to read some success stories here? Or use this as a resource to search for common symptoms and such so you can gain an understanding of what is "normal" in withdrawal?

heres the thing i wasnt a daily user. just once a week.

this ispure hell on earth. like wtf did i do to deserve anh of this hell. i cry everyday pain is so much i can hardly sit still. im so fcken exhausted i need help probably from psychiatrist but what can they even do. im just in so much immeasurable pain i dojt see hiw anyone can survive this wowwwwwwwww

Let me tell you a secret ..... you're stronger than you think you are.

We all are. We can bear things we think we can't when push comes to shove. As fragile as we feel we're tougher than we think we are.

You'll get through this.

Hmmmm ok 1 time a week? For 8 months. Well, honestly, I'm not sure how you weren't feeling tolerance sooner. Because I don't think that benzo has a long half life. But who knows? Maybe you body just got used to having it just once a week? And not it doesn't have it once a week, so it's freaking out? Sucks.

What are your main symptoms right now?

Hmmmm ok 1 time a week? For 8 months. Well, honestly, I'm not sure how you weren't feeling tolerance sooner. Because I don't think that benzo has a long half life. But who knows? Maybe you body just got used to having it just once a week? And not it doesn't have it once a week, so it's freaking out? Sucks.

What are your main symptoms right now?

Inner restlessness have to keep moving every 10, INSOMNIA, severe physical anxiety symptoms , dpdr, no apetite, agoraphobia, scared of everything really. I almost cant believe how severe my symptoms are for such light usage to be quite honest.  im terrified im non functional had to quit work, dont see friends cry everyday

Dang it. Ok well......here is the good news......you have been completely off for like 12 days or so now right? Then this is the acute WD phase. I know it seems weird but sometimes short term users or even intermittent users have symptoms!!! But, it won't last forever. It will get better with time. It's just that it is always slower than we need it to be!!! But one thing is true is that eventually things do get better!