Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling drunk

[En...]

I’m 6 months off, but every morning I wake up and feel drunk for a few hours, I make breakfast and it starts right away, it’s difficult to think, difficult to focus my eyes and I become exhausted right away. I need to lie down and rest. It seems to get better at night. Is this common? I know some people say it’s related to cortisol, but when tested it often comes back normal

Enzo it. I had this for the better part of thirty months and drove to work whilst functioning. My heart is with you and know it gets better. I’m not 100 percent yet but I’m a hell a lot better. If you scroll thru my old posts you’ll see me mention it. I had the same pattern as you bad in morning sober at night. Repeat for 30 months. I still get it too. Let me know. Kanoba

I see one of your withdrawal symptoms was fatigue, is what you're feeling now the same and did it go away for a time?

Now my fatigue is mostly mental and it comes with this inability to focus my eyes and my head, I get over stimulated right away, especially during mornings

I can't imagine this sensation being caused by anything other than the benzo, are you on any other medications?

Now my fatigue is mostly mental and it comes with this inability to focus my eyes and my head, I get over stimulated right away, especially during mornings

It's benzos bro..F**n benzos....

I can't imagine this sensation being caused by anything other than the benzo, are you on any other medications?

No I don’t take anything