Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

DPDR purely from withdrawal?

[d2...]

[d2...]

Hi all.

Trying to get some anecdotal and/or scientific information on this topic.

I have SEVERE DPDR from going off psychiatric medications. I don't recall ever having this before despite having anxiety. It seemed to directly correlate with the tapering(fast) and stopping (C/T) of medications.

My question is: can DPDR be brought on purely from these drug withdrawal circumstances?

I find it disheartening to keep processing my life and mind and digging into my psyche to find some deep-seated cause for this when I simply don't think there is one.

[d2...]

I mean, I know DPDR can be caused by other things in reality.

But in this specific situation, it seems to be purely trauma from withdrawal/imbalance of brain chemical situation.

I mean, I know DPDR can be caused by other things in reality.

But in this specific situation, it seems to be purely trauma from withdrawal/imbalance of brain chemical situation.

Dp/Dr Is an abomination.  Like all these drugs.  This world did without “spirit pills” for millenniums. Psychiatric meds were a deception for me and its turning out, countless masses of people have been and continue to be deceived into thinking they can’t regulate on their own.  lol Our nervous systems regulated for millenniums just fine.

100 percent it can, I never had it either, quit an ssri and benzo ct, some days it's like I'm not even in my body but it does get better , it comes and goes more now. Try to avoid histamine as that seems to make it so much worse.

It's what happened to me Speak.  In fact, it developed during tolerance.  Had it now for 3 years.  It's been so hard. Disgusting.  Brutal. 

I'm so pleased to say that now, after 3 long years of hell, I am slowly emerging from it.  It's like a dream come true.  Makes me want to cry with happiness. 

I'm not fully recovered but I know I'm getting close. 

Dee

:smitten:

It's what happened to me Speak.  In fact, it developed during tolerance.  Had it now for 3 years.  It's been so hard. Disgusting.  Brutal. 

I'm so pleased to say that now, after 3 long years of hell, I am slowly emerging from it.  It's like a dream come true.  Makes me want to cry with happiness. 

I'm not fully recovered but I know I'm getting close. 

Dee

:smitten:

Glad to hear it Deadwood.  Very glad to hear your doing better!! Encouraging!!

Yup, dpdr is caused by withdrawal. And remember: DOUBT is cuased by withdrawal. You know deep down that wd is th cause, but something still doesn’t feel right, which leads to rumination and obsession spirals. Best you can do is accept that doubt itself is a symptom and when it’s motivating you to question yourhealing process to just redirect yourself.

[d2...]

I just want to thank everyone here for their responses. I feel like I started going down a rabbit-hole of persuing other diseases, conditions, etc. It's a hard concept to grasp, especially when your cognition is already fuzzy.

But many of these responses helped redirect me back. Thank you.