Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Gout

[Ga...]

Hi all, anyone know of anyone who got gout during withdrawal? Wondering if my gout is related to my withdrawal or if it’s a totally separate issue. Thanks

I did a search and found a lot of references to gout but not sure if the members were attributing it to withdrawal.  Have you been diagnosed and are you taking something for it?  Do you drink alcohol? 

I have not been diagnosed but I’m pretty sure that’s what it is. I am not taking anything for it because I’m afraid of side effects. Everything gives me side effects. I have had it before and it clears up on its own but this is the worst it’s ever been. Was wondering if it could be one of the many withdrawal symptoms. I don’t drink alcohol at all. Thanks

I have a friend who has gout, I can see how painful it is and I wouldn't doubt withdrawal could make it feel worse.  He takes tart cherry capsules, have you tried that to hasten the healing along?  I don't blame you for not taking the medication, not sure steroids would be a good idea.