Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Last few tapers of k

[Sn...]

Hi.  I cut from .14 klonopin to .1 a month ago.  Been very rough. I'm thinking of either cutting to .066 then .033 and jumping.  Or just to .05 then off.  Any thoughts?  If I can get through the symptoms is there any drawbacks to getting off faster?  Thx

The only drawback is the symptoms waiting for you once you're off the drug, this is what we call the acute stage and for some (most) it can be pretty rough.  Personally, I think it makes more sense to use the drug to mitigate the withdrawal symptoms as you reduce lower in hopes they won't be as intense once you're off the drug because; there is still a lot of recovery (symptoms) that takes place once you're benzo free and you won't have the drug to help temper them.

Thx Pamster

So just to clarify. I think what you're saying is get off slowly as opposed to rushing to get off?  I'm very anxious to be done with it!

I understand wanting to be done with the drug but when you tell us the last month has been rough this gives me a peek into your post jump status.  In my time here I've noticed those who have a relatively smooth taper can expect the same once they're off the drug, a smooth recovery.  For those who have rough tapers, the post withdrawal (recovery) period will typically be rough as well so I feel it's in your best interest to use the drug for a little longer to minimize your symptoms.

I believe your brain is healing as you withdraw the drug, each time you reduce you're forcing it to regain the function the drug disrupted.  Doing this slowly allows for healing as you reduce, withdrawing too quickly as I did when I quit cold turkey pretty much shuts us down and we become non-functional.