Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need advice! Husband 7 weeks in withdrawal

[Ne...]

Hi everyone,

I’m in desperate need for help. My husband CT 7 weeks ago from Ativan that he took for 3 months only.

His emotions/feelings have completely disappeared. The anxiety and panic attacks as all his other symptoms have subsided for now but he has zero feelings almost like his been switched off. He told me he didn’t love me and basically has moved out for now. I’m so upset but also understand what his going though as I’ve spent this whole time researching trying to help him. Basically what I’m asking is if anyone has gone though this how long can I expect this no emotion/ feeling to go on for? Is this going to take a very long time?

Thanks in advance

Hello Needinghelpak, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm so very sorry to hear what's happened, the loss of feelings is a huge withdrawal and recovery symptom, we lose connection to ourselves and others but it does pass when we recover.  Its difficult to say how long this will last, the fact that he only used Ativan for 3 months gives me hope because we've found that short term users have a better chance of recovering within weeks and months rather than months and years but its not a guarantee.

I'll provide some links to help you get started but feel free to reach out to our members on the various boards to seek member input.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Welcome to BB Needinghelpak. I have never heard of something like this being caused by benzos. Maybe, he is suffering from anhedonia.

How was the relationship prior to the 3 months of ativan use?

Thank you for your replies, yes I deleted the comments earlier as I was emotionally all over the place. It’s extremely hard watching someone you love ho through this. My heart goes out to everyone experiencing this horrible benzo withdrawal as well as all family members watching their loved ones suffering not knowing how to help.