Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

whoa! accidentally benzo free for three days, gonna run with it!!!

ha, I know that this sounds ridiculous, but I was already two weeks into my final taper and I quit smoking pot after 11 years of nightly use (in conjunction with the benzo use, both of which were for the purpose of falling asleep) and that disrupted my night time routine so much that I just totally forgot to take my clonazepam for the last 3 nights and I've only just realized it, this morning!  I was able to trace it back by counting how many birth control pills I forgot to take, too.

I was technically going to wait another week to stabilize on my current dose and adjust from not smoking weed to jump off, but since I've found with some surprise that I am already off I am just gonna run with it!!!

:):D;D:laugh::-*:angel::idiot::smitten::yippee::)

G!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!  And of course quite jealous  -- I'll get there some day, I suppose.

Keep me posted on how you're feeling!  Congratulations!

T

So jealous... my current fantasy is that I somehow screwed up my titration and have been benzo free for a few months now ;)

So far, being benzo free is definitely different than all of the other 9 tapers previous to this, even though my last step was just by .03mg.  But while I say that, I don't mean that it's been particularly severe, just that it's been a different experience. 

It's a little hard to articulate, though one easy difference to point to is that I don't seem to have dreamed at all since the night I stopped and I spend my days feeling like I just can't wake up (though it slowly improves over the course of the day).  I'm having trouble thinking well, but it's totally different from the "cog fog" I experienced during the tapers and once I'm mentally engaged I seem to be able to tease out some logical thought.  More than anything, there's just a particular feeling/sensation that's come with it.  I don't especially like it, but it's not horrible or anything.

But all that aside, I'm just so completely happy!  My sick leave was just extended by 6 weeks and I'm benzo free!

:)

Woohoo about the sick leave, sweet g!  ;D  It sounds like you are in acceptance/observation mode for this stage of your healing and I think that is the best place to be.  Weird feelings continued for some time after I was off lorazepam but I just was kind of "Huh; that's strange" and got on with my life.  Hope you are having a good weekend.