Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help With Ativan - Please help

[No...]

Hey Friends,

I was switched from 2.5mg of Ativan to 1.5mg Klonopin on a straight crossover.  It has been two weeks now and I feel absolutely aweful and I am bedridden until 2:00PM everyday.  My doctor says I am withdrawing from the Ativan.  He wants me to on top of the 1.5mg of Klonopin, he wants me to take .25 of Ativan 3x a day for a week, then .25 Ativan 2x day for a week, then .25 Ativan 1x a day for a week and then just stay on the Klonopin.

I talked to another doctor today and they told me that I should just go back to 2.5MG of Ativan and get stable. 

Have any of you crossed over and had problems like this?  What do you think I should do?  Go back to Ativan or keep trying to cross over?    I need help!

I think the ashton manual recommends a slow cross over.

0.25 klonopin and equal removing dose from ativan.

Opposite what he is doing

That is pretty wild actually. The doctor should have an award

Hey Friends,

I was switched from 2.5mg of Ativan to 1.5mg Klonopin on a straight crossover.  It has been two weeks now and I feel absolutely aweful and I am bedridden until 2:00PM everyday.  My doctor says I am withdrawing from the Ativan.  He wants me to on top of the 1.5mg of Klonopin, he wants me to take .25 of Ativan 3x a day for a week, then .25 Ativan 2x day for a week, then .25 Ativan 1x a day for a week and then just stay on the Klonopin.

I talked to another doctor today and they told me that I should just go back to 2.5MG of Ativan and get stable. 

Have any of you crossed over and had problems like this?  What do you think I should do?  Go back to Ativan or keep trying to cross over?    I need help!

Hi NMB, your history shows you tapered off of Klonopin late last year. What made you reinstate and why Ativan? Only asking because you tapered off K once already so you are familiar with it. If you followed the Ashton tables you cud have done a proper crossover and stabilize and then begin your taper. Unfortunately your doc didn’t do a crossover.  IMO Ativan is short acting and much harder to taper. I couldn’t do it which is why I switched to Valium. Based on the Ashton table your Klonopin shud cover the Ativan but your crossover was too fast and not properly done like the other bb mentioned. If you add more Ativan you’ll b updosing

If it were me at this point I’d try to wait and stabilize.  It’s going to take some time for the k to build up in your system to cover the Ativan. If you go back to the Ativan you will be updosing since there will be Klonopin still in your system even though you stopped taking it.

Your doc put you in a bad spot by rushing the crossover

Hope this helps

Joeb