Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Down to .25 mg Clonazapem daily

[De...]

Hello all! 

I was once on 1.5 mg Xanax daily for 9 years.  Recently the doctor switched me to Clonazepam to taper.  I have tapered down to .25 mg daily.  I take one .125 mg dose in the morning and one around 1:00 pm daily.  My question is, am I almost there?  I'm feeling pretty good and I pray that continues.  I have been through a lot recently that almost derailed my efforts.  I had breast cancer in 2020 and that is enough to make anyone anxious.  How low should I go before attempting to stop altogether? 

I'd say you've had a reason to be anxious, I hope you're cancer free now? 

.25 is still a very large dose and even though you're feeling pretty good, I'd taper lower just to be on the safe side.  How long are you holding between reductions?

.25 is still a very large dose and even though you're feeling pretty good, I'd taper lower just to be on the safe side.  How long are you holding between reductions?

aw, if .25mg is considered a very large dose still, i'm screwed currently at 2.25mg of klonopin :(

Yes, as far as I know I'm cancer free now.  Sometimes I wonder if this evil drug had anything to do with my diagnosis. 

I plan to continue to taper to about .03125.  Would that be a better jumping off point?

I am holding 2 weeks at each dose. 

Thank for the response.

aw, if .25mg is considered a very large dose still, i'm screwed currently at 2.25mg of klonopin :(

Yes, your dose is large but you're still tapering, I was advising not to jump off the drug at that dose.  ;)

Yes, as far as I know I'm cancer free now.  Sometimes I wonder if this evil drug had anything to do with my diagnosis. 

I plan to continue to taper to about .03125.  Would that be a better jumping off point?

I am holding 2 weeks at each dose. 

Thank for the response.

Much better Determined2020, I've seen some members jump from Clonazepam at .05, others go all the way down to 0.0, so whatever feels right to you.

Lots of members have wondered about benzo's and the damage they do, but not enough studies have been done to know for sure.