Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

relax..or not

So..can this thing called tolerance cause one to become unable to relax...I'm talking really extremely tense? -Susan

Yes, tolerance can cause that...as far as I know, being on benzos with OUT up-dosing, can cause tolerance withdrawal, and then tapering off of benzos can cause the w/d s/x as well.  And I 100% know that "unable to relax" feeling.  My body is often very tense and my mind races.  I am unable to relax at all, but I also feel "frozen", like I can't move.  It's a bizarre feeling.  I often search for sites on the web that will list the s/x of withdrawing from benzos, and I will feel reassured that it's just w/d when I see all the symptoms I feel.  It sounds silly and simple, but it helps me. 

All the best and take care,

Schatje

Even though I am 5 months off and feeling better in general I still feel edgy and agitated. I wouldn't exactly call it anxiety. More like a restlessness that just won't go away.

Floridaguy- I was edgy and agitated before I ever took klonopin...were you also? This isn't a return of a "before" symptom, but something new for you?-S

I felt like I was connected to an electrical outlet.  4 months out and I'm starting to slow down.

My exact terminology!  I am at 4 months out too- you gave me hope mine will start slowing down soon.  Thanks wellness!

I'm exactly the same way...cannot relax at all no matter what I do...it's an awful feeling!!!  I only hope it gets better with time.  Sorry you have it too!

We just need to hang in there!

all the best,

Pauline

Floridaguy- I was edgy and agitated before I ever took klonopin...were you also? This isn't a return of a "before" symptom, but something new for you?-S

Only in social situations. The benzo agitation is completely different.

I do not deal with issues of social anxiety per se, but find that as time, or perhaps benzo use, goes on- I find myself feeling more self conscious around people, and sometimes withdrawn. While at the end of my earlier attempt at quitting k- I was even feeling sort of agoraphobic- yet I was not comfortable hanging at home either.

Sometimes the tension in general feels so strong I want to jump out of my skin. and I am edgier with people every now and then.

Sigh.