Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When does it end !

[Oc...]

14m off and struggling

Wishing god would enact a kindness and take me in the night ! I am struggling to handle the pain now, hopefully some relief soon !

I agree. 13 months off here. My life would be pretty good if not for the pain. With the pain comes depression. On days the pain is less, i am a happy and active person.

Just knowing someone else is struggling with pain has helped me today.  I was feeling alone with this.  One day I am active, going places and the next suffering from pain, depression and fatigue.  There is nothing I seem to be able to do about it so it is hard to deal with.  I am 6 mos. cold turkey after 10 years xanax.  I have had some times with less pain, but had to stop a long-term stomach med 10 days ago and now it is worse.  Does anyone know if this pain might lessen after I adjust to the med change?  Hope so very much. Looking for insight and support.  Thanks.

with inflammation there is pain what you might want to try is 1000 MLG of tumeric 2 or 3 x a day  it really helped me, good luck

I agree. 13 months off here. My life would be pretty good if not for the pain. With the pain comes depression. On days the pain is less, i am a happy and active person.

Where is your pain?

The pain is bad for me , not as far out but it's stressful. My hands hurt right now, anything I use feels like I've over used it for weeks just from 1 day

Pain is mostly in neck, shoulders, upper back, jaw, forearms. Occasionally lower back. My eyes are dry and fatigued on bad pain days too. I believe it comes from tense muscles during poor sleep. If the pain left, i would be in good shape. I hope its not fibromyalgia or some other permanent illness.

My pain is in the groin mainly where the ligaments join the bones

I’m not mentally stable from this torture , im cracking !

I feel I’ve lost my life to this ! Including a painful taper nearly 3 years of agony ?! I’m now questioning if it was worth it at all ?!

I think in the long run it will be worth it. No one should stay on benzos forever, they ruin your brain and health and can give u dementia eventually. Just gotta distract and find what helps the pain, even if just a little. Have u tried swimming? Hot epsom salt baths? Different stretches? U got this. According to success stories, the pain will leave eventually.

Can’t swim I’m exercise intolerant. Any over physical thing sets the waves off especially painful drilling into the body feeling and like that pop Calle stuff you eat, my body does that but feels like acid ! Can’t stretch either, same thing as the body tightness I have isn’t stretchable as the muscles are being told to be to tight as the gaba system isn’t able to calm it

I’m at a loss.

Some can exercise or stretch but many can’t and I’m one of them.

All I do is exist and I’m feeling low about it. On the presapuse of just not being me. I do sincerely believe like pets

Should we want out? There’s a painless humane way to do so.

This isn’t being alive

This is tourture both mental and physical!

Tomorrow I may fee differently?

But that option should be there for any human that suffers like this ! And never knowing when if it ends is just crazy

• 2 weeks later...

Hang in there, I am 10 months post… it has been a struggle but I know it is getting slightly better with each passing day.

Tomorrow could be the day all this passes.