Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

9months off and panic worse than ever, can anyone relate ?

[...]

first 8 months benzo free had very little anxiety, now at 9 months crazy panic attacks almost every day, is this normal ? can anyone relate ?

Its so strange how this works, I've seen other members talk about things getting more intense at certain times of their recovery.  While mine certainly wasn't linear, it did gradually go in the right direction. 

Has anything changed for you, I think stress is the number one reason for increased symptom severity.

no, in fact, it's strange how my other wd symptoms like crazy fatigue, numb face and hands are better, a lot better but it seem to have been replaced by  this awful anxiety i really hope this is some sort of wave and it ends soon

This sounds like the normal waxing and waning of symptoms, I hated not knowing what to expect.  Some would leave and get replaced by others, then those same ones would come back, so frustrating.  I'm hopeful the anxiety will calm down.

Hey Wayne,

I’m a little over 9 months and I’ve added some new symptoms and some have gone away.  My most terrible is the constant fear.  That one doesn’t seem to be going anywhere for me and I’m so battle weary from it.  My newest symptom is my left side of my face feels like it’s being pulled done.. it isn’t but sure feels like it. 

Hope this ends for you very soon.

Fire

Months 9-11 were the worst for me so far. Meaning, for me, panic attacks or more like chemical anxiety every day.  So I can definitely relate.  It seems other members have issues around that time frame as well, but everyone is different.

Yes Accidentaldependant you are right, for me was from 7,5 month till 10,5 month daily panic attack, felt like acute.

Yes Accidentaldependant you are right, for me was from 7,5 month till 10,5 month daily panic attack, felt like acute.

Yep, seems pretty common, and the benzo coaches I talked to at the time (Dr Jenn and David powers) agreed they have heard this a lot too.