Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Uncontrollable Lip pursing causing horrible tmj issues

[Wa...]

:(I've been uncontrollably snacking my lips for the past month. I don't take antispychotics.  Is tarditive dyskinesia a side effect of benzo withdrawal? I take trazadone,  protonix and dicyclomine, all which I've just read can cause this!!! I also discontinued Prozac in March. I was at a very low dose 2 mg for about a year and then stopped in March Like I need more crap@ it's causing unrealistic tightening of my neck and tmj which is from wd. Omg do I taper one and see if it goes away or is it just wd?

Hi there,

Hoping and wishing better health and speedy recovery. I looked into your history and current needs, the lip snacking could be due to Prozac, opiate pain killer and benzo withdrawl all together. I am no doctor but reading so much stuff here lead me to think so.

Maybe others would have better thoughts.

I had a nervous tick of rubbing my tongue against the roof of my mouth to the point I got blisters but once I recovered I quit doing it, just another gift from benzo's.

Fere,

I recently discontinued a low does of Prozac and updosed my klonopin in March, do you think it can be from that?