Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How to no you are stabilize after a cut ?

5 Days ago I made my first cut from .25 xanax cutting small bits out 1/4 of the pill or less takeing it slow . So how do you know that you are stabilize and is that when you body is ok with the dose and it is time to make a cut again lots of ????????

[a0...]

How are you feeling? Do you have any symptoms from decreasing your dose by this small amount??

If you don't have any symptoms, you are probably still stable. Not everyone has horrid symptoms and some people get by w/ little to no withdrawal at all when getting off of this stuff.

You might want to give it 7-14 days after reducing to reduce again, especially since you are only on 0.25mg of X.

Good luck to you!! Keep forging forward. You will get there.

Much love, Nicole

How are you feeling? Do you have any symptoms from decreasing your dose by this small amount??

If you don't have any symptoms, you are probably still stable. Not everyone has horrid symptoms and some people get by w/ little to no withdrawal at all when getting off of this stuff.

You might want to give it 7-14 days after reducing to reduce again, especially since you are only on 0.25mg of X.

Good luck to you!! Keep forging forward. You will get there.

Much love, Nicole

Here is the thing the first day was shock , body pain, anxiety , 2nd day some of the same stuff plus felt

down and so today feel good for now and I did not know if this my body getting use to the lower dose so it might time to lower dose ???

10 months of only .25mg of X only 1x/day at night? I am hoping you get off without much w/d at all, it is certainly a possibility.

There's never really any way to be positive. Cuts can catch up to you. I'd hold each cut at least a week, possibly 2, or you can just keep pushing forward ever so slowly until you get some sx's and then hold or slow down, but you really need to be in tune with your body to pull that off properly.

Also, dry cutting bits of a pill, it's far from accurate. Have you considered titration (X isn't lipid soluble and doesn't really work in milk like K or V, but milk is still more viscous than water,) or using a digital scale?

i dont come here very often only because i've completely recovered from benzo w/d but when i was tapering i NEVER had a window or felt stable. My recovery was like watching paint dry, you cant really see it happening but you know that change is occurring. Be patient (its hard i know) and stay away from supplements and any other foods/drinks that could rev up your symptoms.

Best of luck

Dave

10 months of only .25mg of X only 1x/day at night? I am hoping you get off without much w/d at all, it is certainly a possibility.

There's never really any way to be positive. Cuts can catch up to you. I'd hold each cut at least a week, possibly 2, or you can just keep pushing forward ever so slowly until you get some sx's and then hold or slow down, but you really need to be in tune with your body to pull that off properly.

Also, dry cutting bits of a pill, it's far from accurate. Have you considered titration (X isn't lipid soluble and doesn't really work in milk like K or V, but milk is still more viscous than water,) or using a digital scale?

Thanks the scale sounds good

i dont come here very often only because i've completely recovered from benzo w/d but when i was tapering i NEVER had a window or felt stable. My recovery was like watching paint dry, you cant really see it happening but you know that change is occurring. Be patient (its hard i know) and stay away from supplements and any other foods/drinks that could rev up your symptoms.

Best of luck

Dave

Thanks Dave