Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When does the morning anxiety go away?

[So...]

I really struggle with lots of anxiety in thw morning. It starts around 5 am and lasts almost until noon. I bearly get any sleep at all.

I cant nap during the days because i always Feel worse after a nap and sleep.

I also have had this pressure/restless feeling in my chest since this all started which never lets up and makes it Impossible to relax.

I also get out of breath just by thinking. I cant hold a thought for more than a second before it fades out due to me being out of breath. Its like ir gets stuck in my throat and my chest tightens even more! Its almost painful.

Anyone experience this? When were you able to relax again?

Are you tapering?  I couldn't relax until I recovered from my cold turkey, it takes awhile to heal once the benzo's have been eliminated.

Are you tapering?  I couldn't relax until I recovered from my cold turkey, it takes awhile to heal once the benzo's have been eliminated.

I am off all medication now. Had a bad reaction to Remeron this christmas and quit benzo october last year. Have taken some doses valium and zopiclone though the past two months, and i am afraid that made everything worse.

My anxiety is really bad, and i struggle to relax and rest. Its there all day, just way worse in the morning

I started taking Ambien a few months after my cold turkey and it made things worse for me and it delayed my recovery.  I know it's miserable but it sounds like what's worked in the past no longer is, I hope you can stay away from the drugs that aren't giving you any relief.

I had that morning anxiety for some time and still occasionally do. I think around 8 months post jump it went from being hours after I woke to a few minutes. It almost seems like it's just disorientation from when I first wake up at this point. This mostly went away when I stopped waking up in the middle of the night.

It goes away. Mine used to be explosive. Like, I was afraid at night anticipating the next morning. Then one day I realized it was gone and now I quite enjoy mornings. Think it happened around 8 months.