Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Emergency switch to kpin - safe?

[ne...]

Ran out of my normal 1.5-2mg/daily xanax prescription about 5 days early. If I replace it with Klonopin these next 5 days is it safe assuming it is at the same dosage?? Terrified of seizures and just need reassurance that that will not happen since I have a different benzo in me.

Thank you so much. Can you just explain what I might feel and why it won't just be mitigated due to the equivalent dose?

Thank you so much for this reassurance - in major panic right now since out of xanax!!!

It happened to me. I dont know why exactly, but I didnt feel as good on K as on Xanax, maybe because they hit different GABA subunits. But you will definitely be fine.

Got it, makes sense, thank you. I freaked out and took a .5 xanax (last I had) after taking 1.5 kpin and now im regretting it. Assuming once the xanax wears off ill feel a bit more myself.

Thank you, Kate08. Looking at this, would you agree that as long as I stay at the equivalent dosage, I shouldn't have any serious issues if I take the klonopin instead of the xanax?