Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Functional neurologist?

[So...]

Hi,

Has anyone seen a functional neurologist/chiropractor with any luck? I am seeing one now because of my concussion, but wondered if treatment might also work for withdrawal. He is quite good at understanding the brain and figuring out where the problem is!

I hope you get the help you need. It is my personal opinion that any “Chiropractor “ is a quack. I say this from personal experience. It was a waste of my time and money. At the end of an unsuccessful six week treatment for a backache. , if you can even call it  treatments, my chiropractor said I should go to an MD for muscle relaxants. I did and was out of pain almost immediately. It may be comforting in a way to go to a chiropractor, since chiropractors can’t prescribe anything. and there is no chance of getting any more  drugs. Just be prepared for lots of colored lights and lasers, audio therapy, and maybe a hot towel if you’re lucky. You can get non drug therapy from other actual medical providers or a psychologist and you won’t get any flashing lights.

I feel that any time spent with a chiropractor that calls himself a neurologist, or any chiropractor at all, is only delaying your healing.

This is my opinion based on personal experience and research. Good luck.