Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Alcohol use “post withdrawal”

[Ca...]

Hi guys,

I cold Turkey Ed 4 months ago from Klonopin and had a very tough withdrawal. My previous posts will make it clear that I was imprisoned by the mental symptoms that haunted for a straight 3 months.

In the recent weeks, I have been feeling much better. I have not had those terrible intrusive thoughts. The fog is clearing up more and more but I do not want to say I have recovered until I am fully 100 percent back to normal. I had two glasses of wine after 6 months of abstinence from alcohol both for personal reasons but also because I did not want to risk prolonging my withdrawal.

Although I do not really feel worse after having some wine , I am wondering if I made a big mistake and somehow this will set back my recovery.

Any opinion is highly valued.

Keep healing, friends🥰

Much ❤️

I did a cold turkey 32 months ago. I have a drink or two on occasion and it doesn't set me back. But everyone's body is different and are probably more sensitive to alcohol.

I did a taper withdrawal and have the occasional drink or two or three without any issues. It all depends on how you are feeling. Listen to your body and let it guide you.

As much as I wanted to have a beer for my birthday, my new rule is if I still have other food sensitivities I won't risk it. I can't even eat a single piece of dark chocolate right now without having internal tremor, so no booze for me for now.