Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

appetite

[sh...]

I still don’t have any appetite!? I used to love eating and now I have to force myself… Anyone else? does appetite come back? Thanks 🍀

My appetite dipped when I was tapering but it is fine now.  Have you talked to your doctor about this?  Might be a good idea to.

Yep, force feeding is hard. It got a bit easier for me over time. cross fingers it stays. Get down whatever you can. Smoothie may help

Mine comes and goes, better than it was in the early days. I lost a load of weight.

On the plus side fasting is good for you, and can help you heal according to some

I had no appetite during my taper. Lost 40 pounds. It worried me. I talked to my very enlightened doc who told me that chemo patients often suffer from no appetite and nausea and that they are helped by indica mj (mj has been legal in our state for a long time). I went to the local dispensary ang got some indica flower and a vape pen. After 3 puffs I had the most ferocious case of the "munchies". It certainly brought back my appetite.

So . . . not saying you should try this . . . just sharing what worked for me. Something "out of the box".

Hope you find something that helps. Or . . . maybe just wait. Time off benzos fixes most things. I couldn't wait, though. I'd already dropped two pants sizes  :(

Katz

Thank you Katz.  Ciproheptadine (an older antihistamine) has often been used in medicine for the off-label use of appetite stimulant.

Thank you for your replies and suggestions!

Yesterday I had no chemical fear and so eating was much easier. Last night it came back together with severe nerves pain. Eating is a struggle again. Most probably I have to wait it out like all the other symptoms and hope that time will be my healer.

I wish everyone good healing 🍀