Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ways to cope with severe tightness when where you can't even move

[Wa...]

:-XI am dealing with such tightness in my body that I feel like when I lay down my body is being contorted the opposite way my hips my neck my shoulders broaden crushing pain in my arms I just can't deal. How'd you all do with this? I'm hopeless I'm really hopeless >:(

When I wasC/T way back, I had crushing pain like you state, along with being pulled down by gravity.

So hard to explain.

Going very slow and low and even holding will give your brain time to heal.

I know it is an awful feeling.

Your brain has been through a lot and it will get better.

Remember low and slow.

When I wasC/T way back, I had crushing pain like you state, along with being pulled down by gravity.

So hard to explain.

Remember low and slow.

So hard to explain.

Remember low and slow.

Ditto Dana.....that heavy being pulled down by gravity feeling is so awful. I absolutely hate it.

So hard to explain.

Remember low and slow.

Ditto Dana.....that heavy being pulled down by gravity feeling is so awful. I absolutely hate it.

I hope and Pray that you aren't still going through that. I never want to experience that again.

I had it for 4 months until I reinstated.

Who could imagine something like that?

WantTo, a hot bath at bedtime really helped my excruciatingly tight muscles when I was on my taper. I added a cup of Epsom salts. That and a Tylenol helped  me get through the nights.

Sorry for your pain.

:'(

Katz

Hi, I’m dealing with something similar. I have extreme tightness throughout my body. There’s a pattern to it.  Left shoulder and hip are pulled toward the center, l leg twists right, while right foot twists a different way, till it’s hard to walk. 

It seems to originate in my low back but moves up through my neck, and down to my toes. And I have that feeling of intense gravity, or downward pull on my whole body. I think of it as having bricks strapped to my low back. 

Epson salts, even in a foot soak, often helps. I use hot water and put my feet in the tub with several cups of epson salts.

I regularly sit on “ rice bags” that I heat in the microwave. The heat helps unkink my lower body most days.

I also use CBD ointment which helps me.

That being said, I don’t know if I should taper through this or wait it out. I paused tapering because I couldn’t take it getting worse.

I forgot to mention, physical therapy helped a great deal, too. Also massages.

What a bummer. I'm so sorry, guys. On the bright side, this pain and tight muscle thing didn't last forever for me. It gradually ebbed.

Katz

gray, no the pain didn't continue. It ebbed after I jumped. It was solely a s/x of valium withdrawal. The valium had relaxed my musles (aaaah!) then withdrawing the drug tightened them up to the point of pain.

Then I had to "retrain" my muscles and try to get back to normal. I found a gentle exercise form -- tai chi -- that was very helpful.

Katz

I'm afraid that it's only going to get worse. So you're saying it got better after you got off the Valium? How does that make sense?

So you're saying it got better after you got off the Valium? How does that make sense?

I had to help my muscles remember how to move properly. As I said, a gentle exercise form like tai chi helped. If I had just laid around, I'm sure I would never have been able to move. It makes perfect sense. Valium relaxed my muscles; tapering tightened them . . . "retraining" them (plus PT, hot baths etc) enabled me to move again. They just didn't recover on their own, though. I had to help them.

Katz

And I have that feeling of intense gravity, or downward pull on my whole body. I think of it as having bricks strapped to my low back. 

You described it perfectly Nigella....awful feeling. I can feel it sitting, but it is particularly bad when I am standing upright.

Thanks Katz! This pain in my arms is becoming so debilitating. I am having such a hard time doing the simplest things. Putting on a shirt is pure toture.  :'(