Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone did a lidocaïn local anesthesia with a sensitised/WD CNS? thank you (SFN)

[19...]

Hello,

I go for a nerve punch biopsy 12th may. The only way to properly diagnose 'Small Fiber Neuropathy'.

Did anyone in WD have a Lidocain injection with or without problems? I like to hear that.

I have a buzzing CNS and a bunch of other horrible symptoms so of course i'm very scared for the anesthesia and all pharmaceuticals.

I don't think they do it without the Lidocain anesthesia.

Thanks so much!

I too had a biopsy for small fiber neuropathy a few months ago and had no problems. And I'm hypersensitive to all medicines.

I like you was worried about it but the procedure was quick and painless.

I too had a biopsy for small fiber neuropathy a few months ago and had no problems. And I'm hypersensitive to all medicines.

I like you was worried about it but the procedure was quick and painless.

Thanks so much for your answer! Very helpfull

So you had the lidocain injection? (i think it's with epinephrine also)

you have your outcome from the biopsy already? or still waiting.

I don't know if anything was added to the lidocaine. 

I have chronic neuropathy pain from my the top of my shoulders to the bottom of my feet. Some of it is likely caused by spine issues but benzos are also a contributing factor. I thought for sure I had small fiber neuropathy because it can cause pelvic pain and that's a major symptom for me. But I tested negative for it. The frustrating part of the test is how long it took to get the results. I think it was about a month before I heard the result.