Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Mornings are the worst.

[he...]

Is there further reading on why everything is heightened in the morning while going through benzo WD. I am having a 9/10zomg morning. Keep house hold going. 4hr or less sleep a night for a week. Have to keep moving.

Mornings were brutal for me up until I had my bout with insomnia. It came out of nowhere and left me unable to sleep for days at a time. I battled with it for a month or so only sleeping 40 minutes or so at a time until I found the right combination of mirtazapine and melatonin. I remember vividly the first night I got 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I was so happy I cried a little.

Be thankful for the 4 hrs you're getting and take more time for yourself if you can. You're going through something that few people understand the severity of. You need extra care and if your family doesn't understand you may have to be the one to care for yourself. We tend to give and give and look after our family while overlooking our own needs, but during withdrawal this tendency can be counter-productive. Be kind to yourself, cut yourself some slack, take an extra hour here and there when you can and know that you're doing it so that you can get through this and be better equipped to care for them.

Morning will be rough for awhile but it gets better ok? In tolerance I woke every two hrs with nightmares for over a year! No-one thought it could be benzos... :(  It was...

Sleep will be rough for a bit but it gets better. Try to stay natural instead of taking more meds to sleep. I used melatonin for a bit, and practiced some good sleep hygiene for a bit, spa music.etc. Bit by bit the sleep gets better. I now sleep like a brick again - really.

I'e gotten to the point where I feel a little of that cortisol rise in the morning, but I seem to be able to return to sleep within a half hour of it. Dreams can still be a bit bizarre in early morning. But I'll take this over the hell I had in tolerance on the drug.

I can now nap too - honest to goodness restful naps.