Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I need a buddy for my husband so I can get through this

[Wa...]

I'm looking for a partner that got their loved ones through this or are trying to right now. Like most people in here my family has a hard time understanding the poisonous effects of the medication. I suffer from great physical pain I suffer from less emotional but it's still bad enough that I'm homebound. I'm starting my second round of tapering from Klonopin and I'm looking for support for my husband mainly. Thank you to anyone who responds :angel:

I'm not sure what you're asking for, is your husband interested in joining the forum so he can better understand what this is like from a partners perspective?

A person or two or three and anybody who can talk to him personally like that email message get help he has a hard time with the mental aspect of my withdrawal I have a lot of physical pain to and he can kind of deal with that but monster emotional stuff starts he says alright let's go we're going to go to the ER and he knows I can't do that so I need him to have support like a person to support him to feel like personal

It sounds like you are asking for a personal contact support person or two for your husband but we don't do that at BenzoBuddies.  We ask that members not share their personal contact information such as email or phone number.  We have a board for family members but it isn't active right now:

Family-member Support Group

Have the two of you tried counseling?

I had a pretty desperate need for my hubby to understand what I was going through in withdrawl but of course, he couldn't know because he had not experienced it.  I had to work through that and finally get to my own understanding that this was my deal and I had to find support wherever I could and it was not going to be my husband.  It turned out that this is one of the best things about BenzoBuddies - connecting with others who have been there.