Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Substitution taper from 1mg of Klonopin to Valium

[mi...]

Hi, this is mishi... I have all information regarding the substitution from K to Valium... Thank you so much with all of my heart.. I am seeing the Doctor in the morning early... I just wanted to know if I decided to still try to combat the Klonlpin a little longer will it be difficult to make a schedule according to a difference dose than 1.5 of Klonopin.... I know the switch over has to be gradual... That is what I want... I just would not know how to swithch it over and the equivalency of the valium and the klonopin together.. I could not go just straight to valium.

Would you be able to help me if I went that route and tried to keep going a little longer on the K... have not made my decision until I see the doctor tomorrow.... I would feel more comfortable knowing that I could still swithch no matter what dose of Klonopin I will be on.. If it will be at 1.5 i have the schedule in the book... If it is a little lower than 1.5 there is no schedule in the ashton manual... I hope this makes sense.... I will make my decision early tomorrow..

Is there a schedule of K toV if i change my mind tomorrow and wait a little longer... Will you be able to make the schedule up with no problem.. I would never figure it out on my own..... Again without you I would be lost right now... Thank you...Mishi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [xe...]

• [...]

• [Be...]

You can cross over to valium at any point in your taper as long as your doctor will prescribe it and the Klonopin for you to do it.  It takes some time to make up a schedule and type it in here so if/when you pick a dose of K. you want to start from, you can request a crossover schedule.  Just fyi, .5mg Klonopin will be replaced by 10mg Valium every 2 weeks or so until you are on nothing but Valium.  You'll hold there 3-4 weeks and then start tapering the Valium.  Good luck at the doctors.

I think it's a good idea Mishi. Tapering K seems to be far more miserable than V. I know Oleander, Sigma, two people off the top of my head, had heaps of trouble tapering K and crossed to V and were very happy they did.

You can cross over to valium at any point in your taper as long as your doctor will prescribe it and the Klonopin for you to do it.  It takes some time to make up a schedule and type it in here so if/when you pick a dose of K. you want to start from, you can request a crossover schedule.  Just fyi, .5mg Klonopin will be replaced by 10mg Valium every 2 weeks or so until you are on nothing but Valium.  You'll hold there 3-4 weeks and then start tapering the Valium.  Good luck at the doctors.

Hi Beeper, thank you so much... The doctor went well. I appreciate your help... I just came back home and I have the flu not feeling right now... I was telling bb earlier that I will write back to them when I am better.... have to go to bed... Talk with yu soon.. All my luv mishi

I think it's a good idea Mishi. Tapering K seems to be far more miserable than V. I know Oleander, Sigma, two people off the top of my head, had heaps of trouble tapering K and crossed to V and were very happy they did.

Xenofears thank you sweethear... i just came from the Doctor. I was just telling all of bb right now that I have the flu.. When i feel better I will come back to the computer... Your the best... Luv Mishi

[c6...]

Mishi,

I have crossed from Klonopin to Valium two times, my bad  :tickedoff: It's a long story.

What doses are you taking of the Klonopin? You may find Valium easier to taper. It's hard to say, as I have said this before.

From your doses, you will have to go from there to c/o to the Valium in stages. It's the way I did it.

S#

I just crossed to Valium, and am glad I did.

I tried Klonopin and it didn't agree with me.

I am on a super low dose, but nonetheless...I think Valium will be way easier for me...maybe you too?

You WILL be okay!

You can get through this...    :)

Lee

• 4 weeks later...

Dear  BB, Good Morning.. As you know I have been suffering terribly with the klonopin.. I am down to 1mg of Klonopin in a couple of days. I have a doctor who will work with me and give me the valium to switch over...

Please can you give me a detailed schedule on the crossver from Klonopin (1mg) to Valium...  I will be seeing the Doctor soon.

I say detailed because I cannot figure the math right now at all.. I appreciate everything you have done for me and are still doing with all of my heart...

Mishi

Dear BB, Sorry I wanted to let you know that I am taking 1mg  of Klonopin, seperated in three doses per day., one dose  at 7am, one dose at 3pm, and one dose at 11pm.. I am titrating the Klonopin in coconut milk. I wish to do a croosover to Valium at that level. Please give me a detailed schedule for the croosover.. Sorry, for the previous incomplete message.

Thank you, Mishi

[c6...]

Mishi,

It sounds like you have your mind pretty much set on crossing to Valium.

1mg Klonopin = 20mg of Valium.

You do realize it will take a bit longer to taper, correct?

You will have to cross in stages.

I wouldn't recommend crossing all at once.

S#

Mishi,

It sounds like you have your mind pretty much set on crossing to Valium.

1mg Klonopin = 20mg of Valium.

You do realize it will take a bit longer to taper, correct?

You will have to cross in stages.

I wouldn't recommend crossing all at once.

S#

Dear Sigma, I cannot find the post for the schedule, for the crossover from 1mg of klonopin to Valium.. I would appreciate detailed information so I can do the crossover properly.. Sorry that I could not find any schedule from previous posts.

I know the schedule for 1.5 of klonopin to Valium but I do not know the schedule for 1mg of klonopin to Valium. Thank you so much Sigma, Be well, Mishi

Mishi, what are your doses?

I know you have 3 doses, correct?

Yes Sigma, I do take klonopin 3 times a day... 7am. 3pm and 11pm  I titrate the klonopin... When I will be at 1mg of Klonopin I will then have 2pills instead of 3... Thank you for asking.. I hope this makes sense to you... All the best... thank you so much.

Your buddy, Mishi

[c6...]
Yes Sigma, I do take klonopin 3 times a day... 7am. 3pm and 11pm  I titrate the klonopin...

What are the doses?

mg for each dose?

I assume you are going to titrate the Valium too right?... I also assume you don't have the doses per day measured exactly you just split your measured dose as best as you can into 3? You need to have each dose accurately measured to c/o...

I'd just switch one of the 3 doses from Klonopin to Valium every 2 days to a week a la Reg Peart and hold for a while if I were doing it personally... See http://www.drregpeart.org/Dr%20Peart%20Sample%20Schedules%20with%20Notes%2022Sep06.pdf for Reg Peart's notes on doing it this way.

[c6...]
You need to have each dose accurately measured to c/o.

Mishi,

You will need to have each dose accurately measured, if that's the case.

I crossed over at 0.25mg of Klonopin, 5 times throughout the day. I was having Inter-dose withdrawal.

It's in my progress log buried somewhere.

I had to combo, as the Valium was building up, and underneath, the klonopin was leaving.

You will have to give me the info. on your doses, and we will go from there. :)

I assume you are going to titrate the Valium too right?... I also assume you don't have the doses per day measured exactly you just split your measured dose as best as you can into 3? You need to have each dose accurately measured to c/o...

I'd just switch one of the 3 doses from Klonopin to Valium every 2 days to a week a la Reg Peart and hold for a while if I were doing it personally... See http://www.drregpeart.org/Dr%20Peart%20Sample%20Schedules%20with%20Notes%2022Sep06.pdf for Reg Peart's notes on doing it this way.

Thank you xenofears... I appreciate your help... I hope you are doing better.. I do not hear from you in chat lately.. I would love to know that life is better for you... I would love to talk to you next time on chat.. Be well. Mishi 

Hi Mishi,

How are you feeling?????. I hav'nt been on here for a while.

How is your Gall bladder is'nt it your problem waiting for surgery???.

How much is 1mg of Klonopin to crossover to Valium going to be is it 10mgs.....???

I hope you will be okay when you see Dr.....I am sure you will

Yesterday was not a good day I had not much sleep either. I keep crying have done on and off these last 3 days although not depressed just emotional....I am alone as husband is away at sea again home on Wednesday evening...

Since I cut I am having so much trouble with my digestive system do yo have this too. ??????

My son see my Mum the other day. They always were close when he was a boy. He kissed and cuddled her. I just wish he would kiss and cuddle me... Its like I dont exist....this bubble I seem to live in.....

My daughter phoned me yesterday she needs to loan some money....I told her to be patient as not feeling very well at all...Managed to write this letter to my son it explains a bit about W/D and why we seem to appear like we do....My Dad said he wont read it. Also My Parents wanted me to stay with them but I sadid NO even though I am very lonley I may start bad breathing or whince with pain.....Its not fair as they are in their 80's and Dad has enough to look after my Mum.....

I wish I could go and stay with them as they do not live that far away from me....It would be so good to hear somebody pottering about...instead of silence in this big house of mine.....

sorry if I am complaining. I do not get many posts as so many cannot seem to understand what I am going through as my taper is taking so LONG.....

Bye For Now Take Good Care,

Love Tess :smitten:

Mishi,

I crossed over at 0.25mg of Klonopin, 5 times throughout the day. I was having Inter-dose withdrawal.

I had to combo, as the Valium was building up, and underneath, the klonopin was leaving.

Mishi,

Hi Sigma, I just posted back to you.. I am not sure if you received my message.. So here it is again. I am taking the schedule to my doctor in a few days. 

I am titrating 1mg of Klonopin into 96ml of coconut milk.  I am taking 32ml of the solution at 7:am, 32ml at 3:pm, and 32ml at 11:pm..Please give the crossover schedule to valium.. Was the crossover more difficult?  How long is the crossover?

Thank you for you help Sigma... I hope your life is getting better and you do not feel so much pain... I just want this over with so badly. Talk to you soon.  Mishi 

[c6...]

Mishi,

Your doctor is willing to prescribe Valium, you said.

He is willing to work with you.

My c/o to Valium wasn't that rough, but this differs from person to person.

I took me 2 weeks - month to c/o.

If you are at 1mg of Klonopin, that would be 20mg of Valium.

You will want to have both Klonopin and Valium tabs, while doing this.

I don't recommend crossing over all at once.

S#

Mishi,

Your doctor is willing to prescribe Valium, you said.

He is willing to work with you.

My c/o to Valium wasn't that rough, but this differs from person to person.

I took me 2 weeks - month to c/o.

If you are at 1mg of Klonopin, that would be 20mg of Valium.

You will want to have both Klonopin and Valium tabs, while doing this.

I don't recommend crossing over all at once.

S#

Yes Sigma the doctor is willing to work with me.. Thank yu... Did you receive the message about my information on the  Klonopin that you needed.

I hope so..

Patiently waiting for your reply for the crossover.

I truly thank you for your help... Hope to hear from you soon my buddy.  Mishi