Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Question for titrators

Last night I was Googling the solubility of different brands of generic Klonopin, as well as the name brand Klonopin because I have been considering switching brands because i heard my generic wasn't great.  I want to continue titrating, so I have to be able to somewhat grind/ disintegrate them.

Anyway I felt so overwhelmed because I ended up coming across all these different opinions  about the best way to titrate, and everyone of them was sure that they were right and other people's methods were wrong.  I felt so confused.  One sight insisted that water tiration was the only way to go because you could see through it.  I know that on our site here, we lean toward milk and I've read the reasons why.  I am titrating by such small amounts that it's really important that I am accurate with the taper amount -- the least little change affects me terribly.

I know we have are theories, but how do we know the medicine is really distributed evenly throughout the liquid and that it bonds to fat evenly?  I really need to do this process right.  I've made small errors before, and have really suffered for them.

So what's best water or milk?    And is it ok that I prefer to measure with my oral syringe instead of the graduated cylinder (I'm a bit clumsy with that.)  Also, does anyone have any info on the best generic to use (in terms of quality, efficacy, consistency, half-life, etc.?)

Lot's of questions, but I really need some expertise or personal experiences and insights please.  Thanks.

T.

[e2...]

I titrated off Klonopin for years.

I'm not sure about your Brand Name vs. Generic question.

I always used generic.

Be sure to get what you can to prevent a margin of error, I had all kinds of them. I got too shaky.

You on the other hand seem to be doing well  :thumbsup:

So what's best water or milk?    And is it ok that I prefer to measure with my oral syringe instead of the graduated cylinder (I'm a bit clumsy with that.)  Also, does anyone have any info on the best generic to use (in terms of quality, efficacy, consistency, half-life, etc.?)

I believe all of this is up to you. Buddies can give you so much different input.. it can be confusing. Now when I first started titrating the Klonopin.. I always used water. It worked for a long time, but it got to where I could no longer taper the Klonopin. I then c/o to Valium. I have had to titrate the Valium as well. I feel like I should have invested in chemistry rather than math. ;)

I used Calico, Generic Clonazepam.

I find milk to be best, but this is also a individual choice.. some use water so they can see how much they are tossing. I think it's what the individual is use too.

And is it ok that I prefer to measure with my oral syringe instead of the graduated cylinder

Yes you certainly can if that's what you're comfortable with. I just use a syringe and beaker.

Really when it comes to titration-- you have to create your own system, rates, and so on..

Others will be along to help and weigh in. :)

S#