Question for titrators

Last night I was Googling the solubility of different brands of generic Klonopin, as well as the name brand Klonopin because I have been considering switching brands because i heard my generic wasn't great.  I want to continue titrating, so I have to be able to somewhat grind/ disintegrate them.

Anyway I felt so overwhelmed because I ended up coming across all these different opinions  about the best way to titrate, and everyone of them was sure that they were right and other people's methods were wrong.  I felt so confused.  One sight insisted that water tiration was the only way to go because you could see through it.  I know that on our site here, we lean toward milk and I've read the reasons why.  I am titrating by such small amounts that it's really important that I am accurate with the taper amount -- the least little change affects me terribly.

I know we have are theories, but how do we know the medicine is really distributed evenly throughout the liquid and that it bonds to fat evenly?  I really need to do this process right.  I've made small errors before, and have really suffered for them.

So what's best water or milk?    And is it ok that I prefer to measure with my oral syringe instead of the graduated cylinder (I'm a bit clumsy with that.)  Also, does anyone have any info on the best generic to use (in terms of quality, efficacy, consistency, half-life, etc.?)

Lot's of questions, but I really need some expertise or personal experiences and insights please.  Thanks.

T.

[b2...]

I titrated off Klonopin for years.

I'm not sure about your Brand Name vs. Generic question.

I always used generic.

Be sure to get what you can to prevent a margin of error, I had all kinds of them. I got too shaky.

You on the other hand seem to be doing well  :thumbsup:

So what's best water or milk?    And is it ok that I prefer to measure with my oral syringe instead of the graduated cylinder (I'm a bit clumsy with that.)  Also, does anyone have any info on the best generic to use (in terms of quality, efficacy, consistency, half-life, etc.?)

I believe all of this is up to you. Buddies can give you so much different input.. it can be confusing. Now when I first started titrating the Klonopin.. I always used water. It worked for a long time, but it got to where I could no longer taper the Klonopin. I then c/o to Valium. I have had to titrate the Valium as well. I feel like I should have invested in chemistry rather than math. ;)

I used Calico, Generic Clonazepam.

I find milk to be best, but this is also a individual choice.. some use water so they can see how much they are tossing. I think it's what the individual is use too.

And is it ok that I prefer to measure with my oral syringe instead of the graduated cylinder

Yes you certainly can if that's what you're comfortable with. I just use a syringe and beaker.

Really when it comes to titration-- you have to create your own system, rates, and so on..

Others will be along to help and weigh in. :)

S#