Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

365 days, 1 years, 12 months [BROMAZEPAM / CLONAZEPAM / ALPRALOZAM]

[...]

Yesterday I completed 1 whole year without taking benzodiazepines.

Today I slept 5:30 hours straight, without any interruption.

little by little I am taking up my life again, I am going out more often with friends, I go out to dinner, and I feel better than a year ago.

Currently my symptoms are:

insomnia

mild diarrhea (1 or 2 a month, it is not a problem)

mild muscle spasms (last 2 seconds and rarely happen, not a problem)

acne blemishes (my theory is because I don't get enough sleep and that's why the blemishes are still there)

I'm riding my bike about 30 minutes after a long time and it really helps me a lot

but honestly I feel that very soon I will recover, I am better than a year ago.

they say that recovery happens after 12-18 months

I don't lose faith.

GP23,

Congratulations...

5.5 hours of continuous sleep is fantastic.  I rarely get that these days and I'll be off 6 years in August.  Not complaining as my sleep has more or less been normal the past 3 years...I wake up more to use the bathroom at night so usually my continuous blocks of sleep are 3-4 hours! LOL

Your other symptoms will continue to fade too...you are doing GREAT!

Keep on living life to the fullest... :thumbsup:

Thank you very much!!

I took 3 different benzodiazepines.

The first, because I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, they prescribed me a medicine that had BROMAZEPAM, I took it for 3 months in a row, every day, the dose indicated by the doctor and I stopped it suddenly.

Then I felt very bad and started to have diarrhea and they prescribed me again my medicine with BROMAZEPAM. And so for several months, some weeks I didn't take it, others yes, and well, until one day I said enough and quit.

Then I took clonazepam because insomnia bothered me a lot, it was a small treatment, it lasted 4 weeks with an initial dose and I lowered it. 2 weeks passed and back, I took it again with clonazepam, but the treatment only lasted 2 weeks and with the initial dose and I decreased.

Nothing ever helped my insomnia, I never imagined that I had withdrawal from BROMAZEPAM, and I put more shit in my body.

Then I spent 3 months and took 5 Xanax pills, 0.5mg and said Enough and quit. Now I am 1 year without anything.

I think the reason why I'm doing quite well is because of my age, I'm 21 years old now and I'm a man, I never had psychological or economic problems or anything. And never take very high doses and neither prolonged. The longest was the first treatment for my intestine with BROMAZEPAM that lasted 3 months and that's where the nightmare began. The rest was 4 weeks, or 7 weeks, some 2 weeks. All that is BROMAZEPAM was cold turkey why I had no idea lol. And the xanax lasted 5 days, very little. And all treatments were daily.

Currently I had several diarrhea, I think 3 or 4. But don't worry, I'm doing well, 0 worries :thumbsup:8)