Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi Mary,

I was wondering where everyone was. I haven't posted due to being bery busy and then my arms, shoulders, back, hurt so much and it makes it painful when I type. This is not from the benzo. It's in fact the reason I went on valium in the first place back in the day. So I'm typing as little as possible. This is also why I turned to teaching and stopped looking for office jobs. My arms can't bear being on a computer all day anymore.

So Mary I suppose you're holding so that you can somehow enjoy your BIL's visit this month. I really hope you manage to enjoy their company.

Trishy I'm so glad your daughter was checked in the ER and that they ruled out any serious condition. I hope she's much better now.

Dehytq, my dear DD how are you doing this weekend? Are the symptoms still tormenting you? Let's be patient as it's all we can do anyway. I think I had two nearly normal hours this morning. It was incredible. When I have that I suddenly think I might have turned a corner. God was I wrong. Here it is again, and on a Sunday, foggy afternoon to make matters even better. We'll get better eventually and I'll meet you on the other side, or in heaven, if they let us in  :laugh:

Esperanza I have been thinking these days of how to thank you for your PM. It has made me a bit more optimistic about all this fear of permanent problems etc. I really thank you for your kindness. I hope you stay around to give us some Esperanza (hope). I hope you're getting more windows.

Stutt have you enjoyed your weekend with your daughter? I really hope you have. You deserve it after all the work you do for free here in the group. How is Sox doing? I think maybe he could be the mascot of the group.

GP I hope you're stabilizing from that last ambien cut and feeling a bit better. Sooner than you think you'll be going to another musical  :)

Olive Kitty, every day I think of you and pray that everything is going smotthly with your jump and that you never have to think of valium again. Esperanza and you are our most recent examples of how long holds can work and end up in freedom. I hope we all get to that place one day.

Trotschetter I'm so sorry you're struggling so badly lately. None of us can tell what others are going through but unless you're seriously considering jumping off a cliff I'd personally try the hydroxicine before updosing or rescue dosing with valium. I really hope you start a better week tomorrow and that you keep holding and it gets you to a much better place.

Final Healing did you get the pill holding necklace? In summer if I dare travel (and I suppose I'll have to take my daughter somewhere), I'll carry two of them on my neck all day and night.

Meems I hope your mom is giving you a break or just see how you can set some clear boundaries so that she doesn't suck the life out of you. We are their children but not their slaves to torture for entertainment and for them to feel better about themselves.

Everyone else, I hope you all have a decent Sunday and we start a much better week tomorrow.

Psych appointment went great this time. At least that's something.

Thanks Valiumnomore,

You sound quiet a bit better than a while ago. Glad you do.

My day is horrible. After a horrible night.

Not going to updose, will try to sit this bad wave out with my regular dose.

Anxiety through the roof at the moment. Friday and the first part of Saturday were OK. Then it all changed.

Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

Praying for better times.

Hi mmmm,

8 am feel8ng alot better. I still get a little nervous everything will freak me out. It's so weird. I'll never understand this. I feel like my brain is unscambling itself. Oh, I hope I'm not really like this and cause permanent damage. Freaking out the rest of my life. How are you? How are your muscles and eyes?

Hi V,

Same thing here. I'll think ooh I feel ok. Then it comes back. I'm like please can I just have a few minutes for God sake. It's a good sign though that you had a couple hours. This truly is no way to live. You always make me laugh. We will meet eachother wherever we land. Hope you got to get a walk in. I'm sorry about the pain. Mines gotten better. Yours may get to the point were put and exercise work. In bwd it's so much harder to heal anything. Love you dd

Hi V,

Same thing here. I'll think ooh I feel ok. Then it comes back. I'm like please can I just have a few minutes for God sake. It's a good sign though that you had a couple hours. This truly is no way to live. You always make me laugh. We will meet eachother wherever we land. Hope you got to get a walk in. I'm sorry about the pain. Mines gotten better. Yours may get to the point were put and exercise work. In bwd it's so much harder to heal anything. Love you dd

Love you too 🏞️🐶🐩🌍🌌🧡

I spent yesterday in extreme pain.

Had a busy week overall with Pdoc, trying to straighten out investments, and then going to eye doctor.

So now I have something else wrong with my eyes, and have had to get additional Rx drops to deal with that. After the appointment, we go to pharmacy. And a huge shock is there for me. The DROPS COST $106 FOR A TINY BOTTLE! We come home upset about this, but I’m resigned to just do it and get it over with. It’s one week of 1 drop in each eye 4 times per day for a week.

So I start Friday night and have no problem. Then on Saturday (yesterday), I wake up in excruciating pain in both eyes. I spent yesterday researching this stuff while in all this pain, but I was on here all day coming back multiple times to LHSG, and nobody but nobody posted one thing. Saw some posting in other areas of this forum, but not here.

People are too busy I guess. Or they just lose interest for this group on certain days as I generally check it everyday.

I’m better today with my eyes and hope I stay this way. Do not know how much this is this damn clonazepam as interactions checker from WebMD, and Mayo Clinic and Drugs.com show no interaction at all. But are they even reliable? Nothing seems to be anymore.

And little Pepper has also had tummy problems for 2 days. Looking up today I think. And Dan seems ok. Helped me a lot yesterday, but was a meanie this morning. I need an assistant and maid to keep up with everything.

And by the way, Mary (our daughter) is moving back. Another story for another day. 🌹 🥀 🌶 Pepper 🐾 🚂 🚞

Looks like I just made my point.

About 3 posts made here this morning putting aside 2 of mine, 2 for Vali, and 3 for DD.

And I’ve been looking around on google, my email before I came back here.

Conclusion of mine: this site often moves a page or 2 or nowhere often. And I don’t post myself much anymore. And I’m certainly not going to post to no one like it was yesterday.

Hi Intend,

My eyes are bugging me again today too. I can't put anything near them. It's really dry and cold here. Plus the heat being on I think dries everything out more. I have a little humidifier in my room. Sometimes, Jim will boil a pot of water to get humidity in the house. Also, any bvb e a warm compress over your eyes to open the tear ducts. I'm trying it, hoping it helps. Just throwing out some ideas that might help. I feel like we are so dam sensitive during this. Hope you feel better soon!

Morning LHSG, where in the world is everyone?  I don't think I have ever seen it this slow.

Trishy, how is your daughter and how are you holding up my friend?

Val, how are you doing?

DD, are you still feeling some better?

FH, you have felt sad I know, but you have also been getting out and accomplishing things, which is great.  How are you today?

Trouch, how is the pain, is it easing off any?

Meems, how are you feeling?

GP, miss you woman.  Please post when you can, kisses for Reba.

Intend, hoping this a the Good Day!  And Dan doesn't need anything at Lowes or Home Depot.  :D :D

Pet that beautiful Pepper for me.

Love you all very much, Mary 💜💜💜💜💜

Love you all, and hope so much your day is better,

Hi Mary,

Thanks for checking in. I dont feel so sad today, more blah and overmedicated but I dos get out for a walk today.  I also went out yesterday to a memorial service and was able to handle it.  I also worked with a patient.  I'm functioning but feel at times very frustrated with being stuck on benzos.

How are you feeling Mary?  Has the hold made you feel better, as better as one can on benzos.

Hi Mary,

I was wondering where everyone was. I haven't posted due to being bery busy and then my arms, shoulders, back, hurt so much and it makes it painful when I type. This is not from the benzo. It's in fact the reason I went on valium in the first place back in the day. So I'm typing as little as possible. This is also why I turned to teaching and stopped looking for office jobs. My arms can't bear being on a computer all day anymore.

So Mary I suppose you're holding so that you can somehow enjoy your BIL's visit this month. I really hope you manage to enjoy their company.

Trishy I'm so glad your daughter was checked in the ER and that they ruled out any serious condition. I hope she's much better now.

Dehytq, my dear DD how are you doing this weekend? Are the symptoms still tormenting you? Let's be patient as it's all we can do anyway. I think I had two nearly normal hours this morning. It was incredible. When I have that I suddenly think I might have turned a corner. God was I wrong. Here it is again, and on a Sunday, foggy afternoon to make matters even better. We'll get better eventually and I'll meet you on the other side, or in heaven, if they let us in  :laugh:

Esperanza I have been thinking these days of how to thank you for your PM. It has made me a bit more optimistic about all this fear of permanent problems etc. I really thank you for your kindness. I hope you stay around to give us some Esperanza (hope). I hope you're getting more windows.

Stutt have you enjoyed your weekend with your daughter? I really hope you have. You deserve it after all the work you do for free here in the group. How is Sox doing? I think maybe he could be the mascot of the group.

GP I hope you're stabilizing from that last ambien cut and feeling a bit better. Sooner than you think you'll be going to another musical  :)

Olive Kitty, every day I think of you and pray that everything is going smotthly with your jump and that you never have to think of valium again. Esperanza and you are our most recent examples of how long holds can work and end up in freedom. I hope we all get to that place one day.

Trotschetter I'm so sorry you're struggling so badly lately. None of us can tell what others are going through but unless you're seriously considering jumping off a cliff I'd personally try the hydroxicine before updosing or rescue dosing with valium. I really hope you start a better week tomorrow and that you keep holding and it gets you to a much better place.

Final Healing did you get the pill holding necklace? In summer if I dare travel (and I suppose I'll have to take my daughter somewhere), I'll carry two of them on my neck all day and night.

Meems I hope your mom is giving you a break or just see how you can set some clear boundaries so that she doesn't suck the life out of you. We are their children but not their slaves to torture for entertainment and for them to feel better about themselves.

Everyone else, I hope you all have a decent Sunday and we start a much better week tomorrow.

Psych appointment went great this time. At least that's something.

Hi VNM,  I'm glad your psych appointment went well, that's a load off. I'm sorry you have been struggling but getting that 2 hour reprieve is a good sign.  I hate when they are fleeting but still a sign the brain is healing.

I will be buying the necklace this week.  I actually went to a service yesterday and thought  had my afternoon dose in a bottle in my bag.  It turned out I didnt but I was home with just a little delay.  So getting the necklace will help with that on the future. 

FH

Hi mmmm,

8 am feel8ng alot better. I still get a little nervous everything will freak me out. It's so weird. I'll never understand this. I feel like my brain is unscambling itself. Oh, I hope I'm not really like this and cause permanent damage. Freaking out the rest of my life. How are you? How are your muscles and eyes?

My eye I am sure is to big for my socket.  :D. My back hurts some, not terrible, managing to stay in a decent mood.  Glad you are fee better  ;). Love ya, DD....

Had a busy week overall with Pdoc, trying to straighten out investments, and then going to eye doctor.

So now I have something else wrong with my eyes, and have had to get additional Rx drops to deal with that. After the appointment, we go to pharmacy. And a huge shock is there for me. The DROPS COST $106 FOR A TINY BOTTLE! We come home upset about this, but I’m resigned to just do it and get it over with. It’s one week of 1 drop in each eye 4 times per day for a week.

So I start Friday night and have no problem. Then on Saturday (yesterday), I wake up in excruciating pain in both eyes. I spent yesterday researching this stuff while in all this pain, but I was on here all day coming back multiple times to LHSG, and nobody but nobody posted one thing. Saw some posting in other areas of this forum, but not here.

People are too busy I guess. Or they just lose interest for this group on certain days as I generally check it everyday.

I’m better today with my eyes and hope I stay this way. Do not know how much this is this damn clonazepam as interactions checker from WebMD, and Mayo Clinic and Drugs.com show no interaction at all. But are they even reliable? Nothing seems to be anymore.

And little Pepper has also had tummy problems for 2 days. Looking up today I think. And Dan seems ok. Helped me a lot yesterday, but was a meanie this morning. I need an assistant and maid to keep up with everything.

And by the way, Mary (our daughter) is moving back. Another story for another day. 🌹 🥀 🌶 Pepper 🐾 🚂 🚞

Oh no, my little Pepper.  Men can't help being helpful one day, pain in a$$ next , lol.  No, we have good husbands, really. 

So what did the Dr say was wrong with eyes?  I swear I could go every other week and they would swear I needed something.  I am not trusting them right now.  So the pain from the drops is gone today?  Or is this your good day?  I can only give you one more day to tell Mary's story  :).  I feel like I have lived through it,  ;). No one was on LHSG yesterday, so many are struggling.  Is Pepper eating and drinking?  My estrogen patches have gone up $100 in last 6 months, they say it's our insurance doing it.  I would change but afraid too because of withdrawal  :(, change brands.  Damn benzo's, they leave us trapped unless we want to take big risks.  You know I love you, Dan, and Pepper very much!  🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂🐕🐾🐾

Hi Intend,

My eyes are bugging me again today too. I can't put anything near them. It's really dry and cold here. Plus the heat being on I think dries everything out more. I have a little humidifier in my room. Sometimes, Jim will boil a pot of water to get humidity in the house. Also, any bvb e a warm compress over your eyes to open the tear ducts. I'm trying it, hoping it helps. Just throwing out some ideas that might help. I feel like we are so dam sensitive during this. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi DD. It’s dry and cold here also. And we have a humidifier in our room also. I’ve run through one already as eye doctor recommended using one. It started making a grinding type of noise, so returned to Walmart and they took it back with no problem.

But we had a back up one which Walmart used to sell (Relion brand from only Walmart). So now I have that and another one I got when I took the other one back.

Oh I know all about these warm compresses on ones eyes. That’s one thing the eye doctor wanted me to do last June when I first had that corneal tear. I think I’ve pretty much run the gamut of things to do for my eyes.

When I went last Friday, he gave the same instructions all over again. I’m seriously exhausted with all these eye problems. And these expensive drops have corticosteroids in them to lower inflammation in my eyes. I’m fairly sure that using benzos and steroids together is not a good thing to do (but these are eye drops and not pills, so I’m unsure if they cross the blood/brain barrier or not), but I must just do this and get it over with.

I’ve never ever had an optometrist who is so thorough before. Just hoping this gets things all cleared up once and for all. And in March now, Dan and I both have appointments set up for new glasses, and for Dan to have a retinopathy check as he has type 2 diabetes.

If I followed all these instructions from this doctor (which I try to do), I’d be doing nothing else all day long. When I saw that long list again, I told Dan that right now I’m going to focus right now just getting through this week of these expensive drops. 🧡🧡

Oh no, my little Pepper.  Men can't help being helpful one day, pain in a$$ next , lol.  No, we have good husbands, really. 

So what did the Dr say was wrong with eyes?  I swear I could go every other week and they would swear I needed something.  I am not trusting them right now.  So the pain from the drops is gone today?  Or is this your good day?  I can only give you one more day to tell Mary's story  :).  I feel like I have lived through it,  ;). No one was on LHSG yesterday, so many are struggling.  Is Pepper eating and drinking?  My estrogen patches have gone up $100 in last 6 months, they say it's our insurance doing it.  I would change but afraid too because of withdrawal  :(, change brands.  Damn benzo's, they leave us trapped unless we want to take big risks.  You know I love you, Dan, and Pepper very much!  🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂🐕🐾🐾

Mary, Peppers is doing much better now. She gets those fur balls easily, so we have to put that gel on her paws to prevent them. I’ve used the one called “cat lax” for several years now, but when I took her to the vet last spring, they were selling a completely different brand. So I’ve used that twice now, and this last time, she vomited continuously for all day Friday. We could tell she was really hungry because she kept going to her food, but as soon as she ate it, up it came. She finally gave up eating (not drinking) and just started resting all the time. Buts she better now (I think it’s finally out of her system) and she’s eating and really drinking now. And playing also. Getting into drawers and closets again. And grooming herself carefully again. Gets mad at me if I mess up her fur by petting her when she’s just groomed herself.

Overall, yes, I sure can’t complain about Dan. He cooks now which is a great help. I’ve cooked for so many years, that not only do I not want to, some days I just can’t. My eyes have some kind of infection he says (I’ve never noticed it at all) but I’ll just get this drop thing over with and call it good. And the steroid part of the drops takes down the inflammation which is another thing I’ve never seen or noticed.

This is a good day for me so tomorrow most likely won’t be. The eye pain is definitely from the drops since I spent most of yesterday researching them and felt awful pain when I first woke up yesterday after taking them. Eye irritation, redness and swelling of eyelids are expected side effects, but so far all I have is the irritated feeling which is better today.

These generic drug prices are crazy I think. Even the pharmacy staff was shocked when we picked up those drops. I agree that you should stick with the same patch even though the price has gone up. Don’t rock the boat anymore than you must. I think it is insurance doing it.

I just can’t see how your eyeball is too big for your socket, but I can see how it might feel like it. We are going to watch the Oscars tonight. This political stuff is getting so intense.

And I will tell the story of Mary tomorrow. Kind of hard to believe. I’m really struggling myself. We really are trapped I think. Sorry everyone here is having such a rough time. Seems that way all over BB. I think I developed this pattern when I tapered and held for one month twice. Now holding over 3 months in hopes of breaking this pattern. But I’ve pretty much got the doctors working with me. They don’t all know it, but I’m just watching the calendar before I make appointments. Love you! 🌹 🥀 🐈 🌶 🚂 🔧

I know it's really a pain. How are you supposed to do compresses all day long. I try and get impatient. I take flonase for my allergies. I have to. It's a type of steroid you spray in your nose. I really haven't noticed any bad effects. Everytime I use I think, omg, maybe this is not a good idea. I gets ridiculous. This sensitivy thing is getting on mylast nerve. I bet those drops will help. Maybe it will take a few days. I need to get glasses too. It's hard wearing contacts with these benzo eyes.  :tickedoff: ❤❤

I know it's really a pain. How are you supposed to do compresses all day long. I try and get impatient. I take flonase for my allergies. I have to. It's a type of steroid you spray in your nose. I really haven't noticed any bad effects. Everytime I use I think, omg, maybe this is not a good idea. I gets ridiculous. This sensitivy thing is getting on mylast nerve. I bet those drops will help. Maybe it will take a few days. I need to get glasses too. It's hard wearing contacts with these benzo eyes.  :tickedoff: ❤❤

DD, sounds like you have a lot of the same problems that I do. We just cannot do all these warm compresses all day long. My doctor recommended 2-5 in one day. Too much for me, and where do we get these warm compresses?

I have mainly used washcloths that I run hot water over. But they cool fast. Then I’m up again to some sink to do it again. Maybe a bag of rice in the microwave with a washcloth would be better and hold the heat better. I have an entire bag of rice I’m going to get rid of (takes forever to cook) so maybe I’ll try that.

Glad to hear about the Flonase. Seems like I used it myself after a surgery to keep the inflammation down in my trachea and had no problems then.

I’d really consider giving up those contacts. You’re right; too much irritation for irritated eyes. I wore them for years myself until I had to have so many surgeries. Was under sedation so much during that time, I just couldn’t wear them anymore. And now with all these eye problems, I don’t want them ever again. But then again, I haven’t worn them for years anyway. 💚💛🧡

Hello,

I’ve been doing a slow taper with Klonopin for one year.  I found several months ago that my body does not want to go below 1 mg without reacting in a devastating manner every time.  My doctor told me to go on a long hold to ‘let my body catch up.” 

Do i have to do anything to be in this group?  Or am I part of it by virtue of being part of Benzo Buddies?

I have fears that my body will NEVER let me go below one milligram.  And now, even .25 is knocking me out.  I am so tired during the day and I hate that. 

Let me know if I have to do anything special to join.

Cberg

Hi Cberg,

You have to do nothing to be in this group. Just say hi like you did and being interested in holding. I'm so glad you have a doctor who suggested a long hold. It's good news that doctors like this exist. I'm quite new but I've seen people here who were able to taper again and come off eventually after a long hold.

Hi Cberg,

Glad you found this group. Lots of wise people on here( not me...)  I totally get what you say with being tired. I'm also so very tired. Even after a good sleep,  which is a rare thing to happen,  I wake up tired. Mentally as well as physically.

In my signature you can see I 'm currently holding at 3 mgs. No idea how long this hold is going to be for. But tapering is out of the question right now.

Good morning Valiumnomore,

How are you at the moment?  Hope you're feeling better.

After a terrible Sunday, I had a good night.. 6 hours of unbroken sleep. Wow. Boy, did I need that. But still tired. Will this fatigue ever lift?.

Going to have Physical therapy later this morning.

Wishing us all a symptom low day.

Morning Cborg.Welcome to the long hold support group.Anyone can join this little band of buddies we have people here who aren't holding so everyone is very welcome.l must say well done on getting to 1 mg that is a great accomplishment.l think you will get to a place where you can move forward however it may take some time.We are here if you want to ask anything.love to you.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning my friends l haven't caught up with the posts so l apologise if l miss anything.

. Morning Troch l am sorry you are suffering.l read you split your dose is it helping at all?l am glad you slept better last night and l really hope today is a little better for you.love to you.X

Morning Janice good to see you post.How are you my lovely?l know you have had a long hard slog and l really hope things improve for you.l haven't saw much improvement this end but l know how long this can take.l hope you are feeling a little better.love you.X

Morning Trish you were just right.l have always worked in a teaching hospital however the doctor always has to ask your permission for the students to be there.Some don't however you have the right to say no l don't want them here.l hope everything is going a little more smoothly this week my twiny? love you my lST X

Morning Intend l am sorry you are still having problems with your eyes.All you can do is use the drops and see if they work.Is Mary coming back for good?Has the relationship ended?l hope you have a less painful week.love to you and Dan.X

Morning Suzy l am glad you are feeling a little better.l don't think you should be looking for the why constantly.lt will just make you more anxious.l know we can't believe that withdrawal can cause all this.Just stay put honey and take this a day at a time.love you.X

Morning Final l think you are doing amazingly well.l think all we can do is avoid the pits of hell and that has to be enough for now.You can do this.love to you.X

Morning Lady Mary hen.Did you have a decent weekend?l hope so.My weekend was alright.My brother went home yesterday so woohoo 🎊.l won't be on tomorrow as it is sis day.Will speak to you later in the week.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Esperanza Gilly NJ Meems Nova Bill Miyu Valley Free Olive GP and everyone here sending you my love and hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.X

Morning Stut,

No, it made it worse, I think. Gone back to one dose before bedtime. So far this day has been better,  went to PT and to the supermarket. Tired, but nothing like yesterday. Not that I was in much pain, but I felt horrible. Couldn't keep warm, nausea all day, anxious,  exhaustion.

No idea why. Nor why it improved a lot in the evening.

Hope your day is symptom low.

Hi Intend,

I have the same problem with the washcloths. They sell eye masks you can heat in the microwave or aromatherapy eye pillows you can heat too. They dont get to hot because you dont want to burn your eyes. They told me to do the compresses several times a day. It's hard when your busy I bet the bag of rice would work fine. I read you could use rice. I wouldn't make it overly hot. I might try that too. My eyes are soooo sensitively Even eye cream irritates them and I rub them and it gets in my eyes and makes them worse makeup too. I am thinking of giving the contacts up. They feel terrible in my eyes. Well, I hope you eyes feel better today. I was using an eyewash for a while and it felt so good. Talk later dd

[95...]