Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Oh man  :-[  This shit is getting old. I dont mean to complain but please send us some long windows. Thank you for the link.  I am going to check it out. Ly Suzy Hang in there  :o

Oh man  :-[  This shit is getting old. I dont mean to complain but please send us some long windows. Thank you for the link.  I am going to check it out. Ly Suzy Hang in there  :o

Suzy I feel that you are like I was around september. I was worse than now. I feel very anxious, scared, depressed, alternating between these three states of sometimes all at the same time. However the intensity of the emotions is USUALLY not as bad as in September. Looking back two months at least is the only way to measure progress with this. I never want to anounce windows or the like because when I do so I feel waves come back with a vengeance. I never have a  REAL window. I know it because ever since summer I think I've only had four hours total of feeling really normal. The rest of the periods that I call windows are simply more tolerable sxs. And then I have the waves, when sxs get awful and I think I'm back to September. Not June and July. There I was in acute wd and there's a complete difference between acute and a wave now. My main recurrent fear is ending back in acute. I don't know if I'd survive it. I read Annie a lot because she spent around one year in acute and survived and it's very uplifting for me to read how well she's doing now. Even if I think she hates me for updosing and holding  :laugh:

So Suzy, I hope if you keep holding you will keep improving like I have. Do you think you're better than a month ago? Anyway, Jime made you cut. When was that last cut? And it was quite a cut too wasn't it?

Hi Janice,

I feel those emotions too. Some days It goes away

I dont think I have had any real windows either. Always sx, just more tolerable or it is like your emotions are rigjt and you can handle things better. I think  you being in acute was so traumatizing. People say to me just because it happened before doesnt mean it will again. You know how it hapoened and you are going very slow and steady now. When you taper again tou will be super slow and careful. You will be ok. We are going to do tjis ar our own.pace. I just feel really crappy. I rhink its tge ibsane swearing and chills and my eyes are watery itcht blah. Maybe allergues. So that makes me anxious. U did make a prerty huge cut. Stupid.  I an pretty ok but the muscle and new teva is not agreeinf wirh me. I have held onky 2 mos. So I hopw it gets better. Sorry about typos my eyes. Lol. Ly syzy

Hi Janice,

I feel those emotions too. Some days It goes away

I dont think I have had any real windows either. Always sx, just more tolerable or it is like your emotions are rigjt and you can handle things better. I think  you being in acute was so traumatizing. People say to me just because it happened before doesnt mean it will again. You know how it hapoened and you are going very slow and steady now. When you taper again tou will be super slow and careful. You will be ok. We are going to do tjis ar our own.pace. I just feel really crappy. I rhink its tge ibsane swearing and chills and my eyes are watery itcht blah. Maybe allergues. So that makes me anxious. U did make a prerty huge cut. Stupid.  I an pretty ok but the muscle and new teva is not agreeinf wirh me. I have held onky 2 mos. So I hopw it gets better. Sorry about typos my eyes. Lol. Ly syzy

Only two months Suzy, so that's very little to see improvement and realize that when you made that cut you were already having very strong sxs so obviously it would've been better to hold, we have Jim to thank for that. But now you won't allow him or anyone for the like to bully you into cutting. You will hold probably a year. Couldn't you get a doctor on board who thinks it's better for you to stay on klonopin for life like many doctors do? Because if you got one of those, you go with that until you feel well which could take a year perhaps, and you get the reins of your life back and you kick anyone who's not helping out of your life. I don't know how the system works in the US. You are assigned a doctor and you have to stick to that person no matter what? Anyway, we'll find a way to work around it. You're doing great dealing with all this. I think you'll be ok in the long run if 1) You don't let anyone mess up with your dose and you manage all your dosing and cutting process (that totally excludes Jim, he should only manage the remote from now on), and 2) You get your doctor to continue prescribing. With those two under control, I really don't see why you can't hold for as long as you need and get better and get your life back. So I would work on those two very eagerly. I really appreciate you and I want you to be OK because the world needs more sweet people like you. Going to bed. Love, Janice.

Awww Thanks Janice,

The world needs more people like you too. You are so caring, sweet and kind and more. And strong!!! You made me laugj about Jim. I wont let him bully me. When i get stable and on my feet I will have to make changes. My dr will just keep prescribing unless i piss her off. So i will behave.  Try to get some sleepm lusten to eckart he talks so softy he could put you to sleep. Ly Suzy

I never really experienced a window either until I held for a year. What I thought were previous windows were really just a lessening of sxs, never a true window. Now I get them all the time and I truly believe that I owe it to my looooong hold at 2mg. There is hope for us all!

I never really experienced a window either until I held for a year. What I thought were previous windows were really just a lessening of sxs, never a true window. Now I get them all the time and I truly believe that I owe it to my looooong hold at 2mg. There is hope for us all!

Olive kitty thank you for this encouraging post!  I am determined to hold a year at least. I'm starting to get rid of the "cutting urgency" and that's good. I'm going your way and begood's way. Olive please hold a little more ok? I don't want to see you crash again and I really don't trust the Valium. I thought I was doing ok when I crashed. Go slowwwwww. Who cares about a few more months?

[glow=red,2,300]Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!  You all mean so much to me and are doing such a good job of helping each other  :smitten:  Hope everyone has some time today where you find some relief and have some time you can enjoy.  Love you all, Mary ♥️♥️♥️♥️[/glow]

Hi Val, a couple of years ago I was on 2 mg of Diazepam plus 20 mg Paroxetine. I took it for 5 years and felt good with no physical or mental issues.  Because of that I decided to taper them in 2016. No problems with that either. So I guess people can do fine while on a low dose of a Benzo. Maybe that's the secret to a long hold. And maybe at a low dose tolerance is not an issue. Not sure about that last sentence though. Anyway,  what OliveKitty says sounds like music to my ears.

Hi Val, a couple of years ago I was on 2 mg of Diazepam plus 20 mg Paroxetine. I took it for 5 years and felt good with no physical or mental issues.  Because of that I decided to taper them in 2016. No problems with that either. So I guess people can do fine while on a low dose of a Benzo. Maybe that's the secret to a long hold. And maybe at a low dose tolerance is not an issue. Not sure about that last sentence though. Anyway,  what OliveKitty says sounds like music to my ears.

Troschetter, also the first time or second or third time you taper a benzo can be easy and suddenly the fourth time you're kindled and it's much harder to taper. You can see the proof of that in my signature. Yes Olive kitty is an example to all of us. I will certainly hold. And I think it will work for you too.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY AMERICAN FRIEND'S! LOVE YOU ALL. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU BUT I'LL BE EATING MYSELF INTO A TIGHT SIZE 8 BUT THAT'S OK BC I'LL BE SETTING MY SCALE BACK 10LBS TONIGHT 💃🦃😃

TT♥️🦃

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY AMERICAN FRIEND'S! LOVE YOU ALL. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU BUT I'LL BE EATING MYSELF INTO A TIGHT SIZE 8 BUT THAT'S OK BC I'LL BE SETTING MY SCALE BACK 10LBS TONIGHT 💃🦃😃

TT♥️🦃

Lol, lol.....great idea too many T's.  Love you woman, am thankful you are my friend  :smitten: :smitten:

TT♥️🦃

Lol, lol.....great idea too many T's.  Love you woman, am thankful you are my friend  :smitten: :smitten:

Love you too Mary. Same here very grateful for you. I hope you enjoy this day you deserve it me friend  :mybuddy:♥️

Happy Thanksgiving LHSG.

I’m struggling to get my groove back.  Dang these meds.

Dang is not nearly a strong enough word for these meds GP  :D

Happy Thanksgiving for all the thansgivers. We don't do that here but I'll give thanks for life, for my daughter, for health, house, food, and for this group.

Happy Thanksgiving for all the thansgivers. We don't do that here but I'll give thanks for life, for my daughter, for health, house, food, and for this group.

Excellent idea, Vali.  You don't need a holiday to be thankful.  This group is thankful for you  :D

Excellent idea, Vali.  You don't need a holiday to be thankful.  This group is thankful for you  :D

Thank you Mary, the depression has hit me since noon today but you cheer me up and just made me a bit emotional. Enjoy those lovely Thanksgiving dinners.

[18...]