Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good to see you Trish.

It’s a true ghost town here on the LHSG. I’m watching the global citizens festival on MSNBC.

60,000 or more people in Central Park in New York City.

Just can’t get used

to some of these new singers, but they did have Carole King and

Hugh Jackman there. Leonardo de Caprio is supposed to be on too.

Well, both be here for awhile I think. Oh well.

Hi intend, I missed your post least night, didn't see any tv really except for Bill Maher on demand, I fell asleep on the couch after I posted. I was exhausted. I think being outdoors all day knocked me out. The weather here has been gorgeous. The leaves are turning and we're starting to see some real color here. It's so pretty this time of year. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. However, winters are a bit too long for my liking. I'm sure you understand that, you get a lot of snow where you are am I right about that?

Oh well it's 4:15 in the morning here and I'm up for the day. Going to church and then who knows what after that. Hope you Dan and Pepper have a good rest of the weekend. I'll probably catch you here later.

TT ❤️

Good to see you Trish.

It’s a true ghost town here on the LHSG. I’m watching the global citizens festival on MSNBC.

Just can’t get used

Hi intend, I missed your post least night, didn't see any tv really except for Bill Maher on demand, I fell asleep on the couch after I posted. I was exhausted. I think being outdoors all day knocked me out. The weather here has been gorgeous. The leaves are turning and we're starting to see some real color here. It's so pretty this time of year. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. However, winters are a bit too long for my liking. I'm sure you understand that, you get a lot of snow where you are am I right about that?

Oh well it's 4:15 in the morning here and I'm up for the day. Going to church and then who knows what after that. Hope you Dan and Pepper have a good rest of the weekend. I'll probably catch you here later.

TT ❤️

Yes Trish, we do get a lot of snow here. However, because of climate change, I’ve seen several winters where there is not much snow. It just depends on so many factors.

This is a valley between mountain ranges, and the mountains usually get the snow for sure.

Looks like the LHSG is becoming a ghost town; at least for today.

I watched the Sunday Shows earlier this morning, and now I’m on my iPad reading here and other areas.

New responses showing up on my replies list because of Lisa Ling. I checked her schedule today, and yes, it’s on here at 8 pm on CNN. So next Sunday will be October 6, 2019, which means she will be on at 8 pm here again.

I know what I’ll be doing today. Hope this ghost town isn’t ongoing/permanent.

Its good for me to hear that some of you are having alternate days of feeling ok and then not.  I keep thinking that not having stretches of good days means something's wrong.

VNM, I too keep a calendar with numbers on how I feel, whether I slept, if I had a window and when I cut.  I've added some colors using markers to see it more visually.

Can't wait till we are all off of these meds.

FH

HI final!! Yes, I am feeling some improvement (still in a deep hole most of the time), but some windows. Final, you must see that I updosed plus I'm holding for ten weeks SINCE the updose. Since the crash it's been three and a half months of not cutting ( plus the updose a month after the crash). Imagine. I see in your signature your say you're holding but then you cut in July, August and September, so no holds. I'm not saying you should hold, I'm just saying that my improvement I do think has a lot or everything to do with updosing and holding, while you're not even holding for more than a month. A month isn't really a long hold or even a hold, it's a normal taper. I'm not saying you should hold ok? Just that if you're feeling like hell and you keep cutting, you rarely will start feeling better. Just my opinion, please realize nobody has a crystal ball and knows what's best. I'm just doing what I hope is best, and crossing fingers as I go. Love, Janice.

Hi VNM,

I don't want to ruffle the integrity of the group while I ponder my decisions and I'm always open to hearing opinions.    I agree I've been doing a normal taper, mainly doing small cuts and holding for a week.  This last week has been a brutal wave and I have not stabilized except for a few hours here and there.  Stabilized for me is just the usual blah day but not like the extremely bad depression I have had this week. 

Maybe the cuts have caught up with me or maybe this is a Lamictal wave 10 months later.  Either way it's been hard.

I have seen people on this site struggle the whole way down with no windows and get off. I have seen others have windows and waves (I've had some windows, some waves and then just blah days).  And I've seen people who seem to breeze through. 

I've also read about people who have held and it doesnt make a difference, people who have held and it makes a difference.  And everything in between.  I'm holding of course for now because I have suffered so much this week.  But I can't seem to find the signal inside that would help guide me. 

I'm sorry we all are going through this. 

Hi M,

Thats a very informative thread you have out there! Wow. This sounds like a very good plan of action. If i would absolutely the same thing. Im no pro. But you have info from the pros.  :thumbsup: please let us know how it goes tomorrow. My fingers are crossed.  :smitten: :smitten: love dd

Its good for me to hear that some of you are having alternate days of feeling ok and then not.  I keep thinking that not having stretches of good days means something's wrong.

VNM, I too keep a calendar with numbers on how I feel, whether I slept, if I had a window and when I cut.  I've added some colors using markers to see it more visually.

FH

HI final!! Yes, I am feeling some improvement (still in a deep hole most of the time), but some windows. Final, you must see that I updosed plus I'm holding for ten weeks SINCE the updose. Since the crash it's been three and a half months of not cutting ( plus the updose a month after the crash). Imagine. I see in your signature your say you're holding but then you cut in July, August and September, so no holds. I'm not saying you should hold, I'm just saying that my improvement I do think has a lot or everything to do with updosing and holding, while you're not even holding for more than a month. A month isn't really a long hold or even a hold, it's a normal taper. I'm not saying you should hold ok? Just that if you're feeling like hell and you keep cutting, you rarely will start feeling better. Just my opinion, please realize nobody has a crystal ball and knows what's best. I'm just doing what I hope is best, and crossing fingers as I go. Love, Janice.

Hi VNM,

I don't want to ruffle the integrity of the group while I ponder my decisions and I'm always open to hearing opinions.    I agree I've been doing a normal taper, mainly doing small cuts and holding for a week.  This last week has been a brutal wave and I have not stabilized except for a few hours here and there.  Stabilized for me is just the usual blah day but not like the extremely bad depression I have had this week. 

Maybe the cuts have caught up with me or maybe this is a Lamictal wave 10 months later.  Either way it's been hard.

I have seen people on this site struggle the whole way down with no windows and get off. I have seen others have windows and waves (I've had some windows, some waves and then just blah days).  And I've seen people who seem to breeze through. 

I've also read about people who have held and it doesnt make a difference, people who have held and it makes a difference.  And everything in between.  I'm holding of course for now because I have suffered so much this week.  But I can't seem to find the signal inside that would help guide me. 

HI final!

Yes, I understand you wanting to come off ASAP. I, however, want to come off as functional as possible. I guess the circumstances mark our decision too. I have no choice, but also, I'm liking it like this. I just want to say that when you stabilize for two days, is not really stabilizing. That's just a window. I will consider I'm stable when I go for three weeks with no bad waves. This is just me. I think everyone has a different concept of stabilizing. I just hope we all get there in the end.

Good to see you Trish.

Just can’t get used

TT ❤️

Yes Trish, we do get a lot of snow here. However, because of climate change, I’ve seen several winters where there is not much snow. It just depends on so many factors.

This is a valley between mountain ranges, and the mountains usually get the snow for sure.

I watched the Sunday Shows earlier this morning, and now I’m on my iPad reading here and other areas.

New responses showing up on my replies list because of Lisa Ling. I checked her schedule today, and yes, it’s on here at 8 pm on CNN. So next Sunday will be October 6, 2019, which means she will be on at 8 pm here again.

Hey intend,

I'm watching Bill Maher his latest episode and they're talking about climate change now. There weather is crazy everywhere. I remember a Christmas Eve about 3 or 4 yrs ago it was about 80 degrees and we were having dinner at my niece's house with all the windows open. It was awful.. It's so sad what's happening and it's infuriating that people don't believe it.

I hope you had a good day. I was cleaning and moving furniture around making room for my new set being delivered some time between 8:30 and noon. I hope it's early so I'll not stuck here all morning waiting when I can be out doing other things. Rich is taking the day off so if they come early enough we can go out and do something before having to get my granddaughter off the bus.

I don't know why but I've got that old fear revisiting me again that I won't have the time I need to taper the way I want too. My Dr doesn't even think I'm tapering anymore that I'm just staying put and he's ok with that but I'm so afraid he'll flip a switch and tell me I have to get off and lay out a taper schedule for me..ahh I guess I just have to take it one day at a time and try not to let that fear get to me. As it is it's probably going to take another couple of years maybe longer 🤷

Anywho I thought I'd check in here and see what's what but it looks like it is a ghost town today. I don't see our friend MM today I hope she's doing ok.

Love to you Dan and little Pepper.

Trish ❤️

FH

Hi VNM,

HI final!

Yes, I understand you wanting to come off ASAP. I, however, want to come off as functional as possible. I guess the circumstances mark our decision too. I have no choice, but also, I'm liking it like this. I just want to say that when you stabilize for two days, is not really stabilizing. That's just a window. I will consider I'm stable when I go for three weeks with no bad waves. This is just me. I think everyone has a different concept of stabilizing. I just hope we all get there in the end.

I understand.  This has been the first beyond horrible wave I've had during my taper.  I've had bad days  but I mostly have been  blah semi functional.  I was getting a little more functional and adding walks in, which was giving me hope.  But this string of bad days has been different and has knocked me back. 

The other odd thing is that up till now, when I have cut, I have felt better for the first couple of days after and then had the bad days. 

So, yes I guess I have to figure out what stable means for me.

Good to see you Trish.

Just can’t get used

TT ❤️

Hey intend,

I'm watching Bill Maher his latest episode and they're talking about climate change now. There weather is crazy everywhere. I remember a Christmas Eve about 3 or 4 yrs ago it was about 80 degrees and we were having dinner at my niece's house with all the windows open. It was awful.. It's so sad what's happening and it's infuriating that people don't believe it.

I hope you had a good day. I was cleaning and moving furniture around making room for my new set being delivered some time between 8:30 and noon. I hope it's early so I'll not stuck here all morning waiting when I can be out doing other things. Rich is taking the day off so if they come early enough we can go out and do something before having to get my granddaughter off the bus.

I don't know why but I've got that old fear revisiting me again that I won't have the time I need to taper the way I want too. My Dr doesn't even think I'm tapering anymore that I'm just staying put and he's ok with that but I'm so afraid he'll flip a switch and tell me I have to get off and lay out a taper schedule for me..ahh I guess I just have to take it one day at a time and try not to let that fear get to me. As it is it's probably going to take another couple of years maybe longer 🤷

Anywho I thought I'd check in here and see what's what but it looks like it is a ghost town today. I don't see our friend MM today I hope she's doing ok.

Trish ❤️

I’ve been all over this entire forum today Trish. MM is all over it too from what I can tell. I’m starting to think that the LHSG Support Group will be a ghost town permanently.

I’m kind of done for the day as everyone is so excited over the Lisa Ling show next Sunday evening.

I’m just going to continue tapering as I’m doing, and try to live my life.

Pepper is laying in front of the gas fireplace, and Dan  is in the garage working on his projects.

In my opinion, it really doesn’t matter what Lisa Ling or anyone else say. This benzo thing will roll out the way it will.

Like I said, doctors are the ones who need to understand this problem, and I’m not so sure that this Lisa Ling show will be seen by many doctors. Tonight is her show about online porn and how that’s affecting families, couples. I could watch it, and maybe I will just to see how she does her show.

I’ll ask Dan  to record it downstairs while we watch NCIS upstairs. Handy to have so many televisions in different rooms.

An hour will never be enough time to discuss this benzo problem in all of its aspects.

Hi M,

Thats a very informative thread you have out there! Wow. This sounds like a very good plan of action. If i would absolutely the same thing. Im no pro. But you have info from the pros.  :thumbsup: please let us know how it goes tomorrow. My fingers are crossed.  :smitten: :smitten: love dd

Thanks DD, it did turn into a great thread.  I appreciate everyone so much that replied and added more information.  I will definitely let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.

So many of us are suffering, it just hurts me to think about it.  Did you see where one of the moderators posted bb is actually working with benzo wise Dr's on new titration plans.  That is such exciting news, just to know we have some benzo wise Dr's with us on bb almost had me in tears. 

Love you girlfriend, Mary 💜💜💜

Hi M,

Thanks DD, it did turn into a great thread.  I appreciate everyone so much that replied and added more information.  I will definitely let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.

So many of us are suffering, it just hurts me to think about it.  Did you see where one of the moderators posted bb is actually working with benzo wise Dr's on new titration plans.  That is such exciting news, just to know we have some benzo wise Dr's with us on bb almost had me in tears. 

I guess I missed that Mary. Could you point me in the right direction so I could read that?

Intend, TT, FH, English, Val, I think we got some really good news today from Pianogirl....bb is working with some benzo wise Dr's to help create some new titration plans for us.  Not just having the titration plans that excites me so, it's the cooperation of bb and Dr's that excites me.  Don't have anymore information than that right now, but it seems like such a huge step forward.  Good news and hope for all of us.  Love you guys so much.

You too Lil, GP, Georgie, Bill, Breck, all of you.

Mary 💜💜

Keep fingers crossed for me tomorrow!!

Hi M,

Hey M what is this all about? What am I not in the loop on?  >:(:tickedoff:

Do you have a thread going? I'd love to read it.

TT❤️

Hi M,

TT❤️

Yes, but not a blog, you little dodo  :D. I am having such a hard time, I just asked on Withdrawal Support how people reacted from homemade titration to Liquid Diazapam you get premade.  Several really experienced people posted and it turned into a good thread.  Since you may titrate one day, you should read it.  Making it, has always been what worried you, I think there is liquid Xanax too.

You think I would start a blog without you, really :D.   

Good to see you Trish.

Just can’t get used

TT ❤️

Hey intend,

Trish ❤️

I’ve been all over this entire forum today Trish. MM is all over it too from what I can tell. I’m starting to think that the LHSG Support Group will be a ghost town permanently.

I’m kind of done for the day as everyone is so excited over the Lisa Ling show next Sunday evening.

I’m just going to continue tapering as I’m doing, and try to live my life.

Pepper is laying in front of the gas fireplace, and Dan  is in the garage working on his projects.

In my opinion, it really doesn’t matter what Lisa Ling or anyone else say. This benzo thing will roll out the way it will.

Like I said, doctors are the ones who need to understand this problem, and I’m not so sure that this Lisa Ling show will be seen by many doctors. Tonight is her show about online porn and how that’s affecting families, couples. I could watch it, and maybe I will just to see how she does her show.

I’ll ask Dan  to record it downstairs while we watch NCIS upstairs. Handy to have so many televisions in different rooms.

An hour will never be enough time to discuss this benzo problem in all of its aspects.

I guess that's all we can do is just keep living our lives as best we can and taper the best we can as well. Whatever will be will be.

I'd like to curl up next to Pepper sounds cozy 😉

Enjoy your shows and I agree it's nice to have TV's in other rooms. I especially like it if I don't want to watch what Rich does.

Mary,

I’m fairly sure that your doc will let you hold for the 3 months you want. You are not an abuser of benzos or opioids or any other drug.

I do not need anyone to tell me how to taper. I just wanted to read that part of BB you were referring to.

A “canned” schedule will not work for me. I have to do this as I can, and that involves allowing my doctor to go along with what I want to do which he usually does.

Hi M,

TT❤️

Yes, but not a blog, you little dodo  :D. I am having such a hard time, I just asked on Withdrawal Support how people reacted from homemade titration to Liquid Diazapam you get premade.  Several really experienced people posted and it turned into a good thread.  Since you may titrate one day, you should read it.  Making it, has always been what worried you, I think there is liquid Xanax too.

You think I would start a blog without you, really :D

No dodo'er I knew it wasn't a blog bc you said thread and not blog  :laugh: :laugh: I just wanted to know what I wasn't in the know about  :laugh:.. You're going back to D instead of MM, I think we're both still dumb :idiot::laugh:;D

I will read it 😁

I know there's liquid Xanax but I think after a lot of thought I'm going to shimmy my way down dry cutting. It's what I'm comfortable with I think  ::)

Mary,

I’m fairly sure that your doc will let you hold for the 3 months you want. You are not an abuser of benzos or opioids or any other drug.

I do not need anyone to tell me how to taper. I just wanted to read that part of BB you were referring to.

A “canned” schedule will not work for me. I have to do this as I can, and that involves allowing my doctor to go along with what I want to do which he usually does.

I don't think it will be canned Intend, I think there will be several, including holds, updosing, , symptom tapering, different things.  You have a benzo wise Dr, not many of us do.  So I am hoping for new information and ways to taper.  Just  that bb and Dr's will be talking, thrills me.  You know I love you, even if we differ on our feelings about this.  ;).  MM 💜💜💜♥️

Hi M,

TT❤️

No dodo'er I knew it wasn't a blog bc you said thread and not blog  :laugh: :laugh: I just wanted to know what I wasn't in the know about  :laugh:.. You're going back to D instead of MM, I think we're both still dumb :idiot::laugh:;D

I will read it 😁

I know there's liquid Xanax but I think after a lot of thought I'm going to shimmy my way down dry cutting. It's what I'm comfortable with I think  ::)

You know I love you, cut n hold, titrating, whatever you do as long as you are around 💜💜💜

Mary,

I don't think it will be canned Intend, I think there will be several, including holds, updosing, , symptom tapering, different things.  You have a benzo wise Dr, not many of us do.  So I am hoping for new information and ways to taper.  Just  that bb and Dr's will be talking, thrills me.  You know I love you, even if we differ on our feelings about this.  ;).  MM 💜💜💜♥️

Ok,

I don’t know what you mean by “differ on our feelings about this.” That is really confusing to me.

I’ve looked already, and I think it’s in the withdrawl support area.

Dan is recording Lisa Lings  show for tonight so I’m getting what I want anyway as far as that’s concerned.

Mary,

Ok,

I don’t know what you mean by “differ on our feelings about this.” That is really confusing to me.

Dan is recording Lisa Lings  show for tonight so I’m getting what I want anyway as far as that’s concerned.

I just mean I am excited that benzo wise Dr's will be working with bb, that's all.  Nothing more.  Please don't read anything into it, there's nothing there.  I love you.  MM

Intend, TT, FH, English, Val, I think we got some really good news today from Pianogirl....bb is working with some benzo wise Dr's to help create some new titration plans for us.  Not just having the titration plans that excites me so, it's the cooperation of bb and Dr's that excites me.  Don't have anymore information than that right now, but it seems like such a huge step forward.  Good news and hope for all of us.  Love you guys so much.

You too Lil, GP, Georgie, Bill, Breck, all of you.

Mary 💜💜

Keep fingers crossed for me tomorrow!!

Really good news Mary about BB and the doctors.

Wishing you a really good appointment tomorrow.

Hi M,

TT❤️

I will read it 😁

You know I love you, cut n hold, titrating, whatever you do as long as you are around 💜💜💜

I love you too miss Mary D and I'll be around for a long time to come. Unfortunately I won't be getting off this garbage anytime soon :( but at least I have my friend's here who get it and that helps a lot!

Good luck with the doc tomorrow, it'll be fine. I'm sure everything will work out but I do understand the worry. I get nervous everytime I have to go which is every 3 months.

What time is your appt. ?

I read your thread, very interesting with some good responses.

Mary,

Ok,

I just mean I am excited that benzo wise Dr's will be working with bb, that's all.  Nothing more.  Please don't read anything into it, there's nothing there.  I love you.  MM

I just found it and read it. So I’m off for tonight.

Just talked Dan out of taking a bath in that huge jacuzzi tub. I hate that tub.

So people coming at 6:30 and must get ready for that. 🌹 🚂 🌶

Hi M,

TT❤️

I will read it 😁

I love you too miss Mary D and I'll be around for a long time to come. Unfortunately I won't be getting off this garbage anytime soon :( but at least I have my friend's here who get it and that helps a lot!

Good luck with the doc tomorrow, it'll be fine. I'm sure everything will work out but I do understand the worry. I get nervous everytime I have to go which is every 3 months.

8:00 a m. , ugh, just want it over.  Mine are every three months too.  Truly Trish, I am tired.  These last 3 months have been exhausting and I am looking for hope.  :). I need it right now.

Hi M,

TT❤️

I will read it 😁

8:00 a m. , ugh, just want it over.  Mine are every three months too.  Truly Trish, I am tired.  These last 3 months have been exhausting and I am looking for hope.  :). I need it right now.

I know Mary I completely understand. I have suffered so much myself. This is a very hard road and I don't think there is any one way of getting out of this without hitting a few bumps in the road. I think your body and brain just needs a break. I took 6 months last year and it did me a world of good. This current hold is going to be about 3 months. Honestly, these Pots symtoms are by far the worst sxs thus far in this ordeal. I'll never forget waking up with air hunger. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. So many sxs, it's a horror. I think a good hold is just what you need. Your body is practically begging you for it. Perfect time too, maybe enjoy the holidays this year.

Love you my friend.. It's going to be ok you'll see. ❤️

[4f...]