Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

no hunger, 4 months off

Yes.  I force myself to eat 3 regularly scheduled meals so my body has what it needs to repair itself.  Occasionally it goes the other direction and I am famished!

Wellness, my appetite didn't really return until after about 5 months, but when it did I wanted to eat the house! I think it will come back for you soon, but you might want to stock up  :o

I have never felt hungry since all this benzo tapering started

I think its like all my emotional stuff it just seems to have died

On saying about hunger I just cant stop eating its like a compulsion at night. I get up in the night not even awake and just stuff my self.

Hence I am getting very fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wellness,  I am nauseous a lot and have no apetite.  unfortunately, I am just starting my taper and can't seem to keep weight on -- I'm getting concerned.  It's really hard to force yourself to east when you're nautious.

The good news is that you are OFF, not like me!  I hear the apetite really comes back strong after being off for a little while.  So try to hang in there just little longer.  You'll be hungry in no time.

T

twell,

I used a non-drug product called "Sea Bands" for nausea in the beginning.  It took the edge off the nausea and I was able to get food to stay down.  They are stretchy bands with a plastic button you wear on your wrists.  The plastic button hits a pressure point that relieves the nausea.  I couldn't believe how well it worked.

You can ask any Pharmacist where they are if you can't find them yourself.

My nausea went away 2 months after stopping benzos completely.

perserverance,

Coincidentally, my mom just sent me sea bands.  I'm going to try them in the morning when my nausea is at its worst.  I just have trouble telling from the diagram the exact correct placement.  Any tips?

T

Okay twell, I will give it a shot!

How to place your Sea Bands:

Make two fists, hold them out in front of you, palms facing inward.  Look at your wrists.  Do you see the two small bones which run vertical and parallel to eachother?  Good.  The plastic button must rest between those two small bones.

Now, to measure how far down from your hand to place the button.  On one hand make a closed peace sign using your index and middle fingers.  Place your fingers horizontally on the opposite arms inner wrist beginning where your hand stops and your wrist begins.  This is how far down the button should go (two finger widths down from the hand).

I hope was not too confusing!

• 1 month later...
5 months, no sense of hunger, or thirst whatsoever, or satiety, ever, nor having to pee, or sleepiness, all function of the hypothalamus.  Brain damage?

NO YOU DON'T HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE!!!!!    Your coming off Remeron to which is a nasty drug in its self.  It was a nitemare for me also.  You stay strong Julie.  Linder  xo

Remeron came after these lack of sensations, can't blame it on remeron.  I think it's from the trauma of intense interdose wd. 8 hrs/day for 5 months.

5 months, no sense of hunger, or thirst whatsoever, ever, nor having to pee, or sleepiness, all function of the hypothalamus.  Brain damage?

I know that there is definitely Hypothalamus involvement first hand as benzos shut down my HPA (Hypothalamus Pituitary Adrenal) Axis and threw me into Adrenal Crisis.  But mine is healing so I don't think any effects are permanent.  It just takes a long time for this function to return to normal.  My Endocrinologist predicts a year recovery for people who weren't even on benzos.  It happens to some people who have only had steroids.

Long story short, we all heal but it just takes an incredibly long time.  I am at 5 months and still force feeding myself for the most part, but I have seen so many things turning around I know it is just a matter of time for this one to turn around too.

I have never felt hungry since all this benzo tapering started

I think its like all my emotional stuff it just seems to have died

On saying about hunger I just cant stop eating its like a compulsion at night. I get up in the night not even awake and just stuff my self.

Hence I am getting very fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMBER!!!! This is exactly me! It doesn't happen *every* night anymore though. Maybe 1/4 of the time I sleep right through now

well I hope it soon stops as it is disgusting what I shovel in at night.

Get up in the morning and there is food and crumbs on the bench an it nearly makes me sick as Im not interested in food at that hour

LOL