Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

30 days out

[dk...]

Hi everyone!

It has been 30 days now without any drugs. I wish I could say that I'm one of the lucky ones that feels great and all is well, but that is not the case. As I mentioned in a earlier post I basically cold turkeyed from xanax while detoxing from pain killers.I wish that I would have tapered now. I have constant fear about protracted symptoms because of this. I continue to feel dizzy and sick to my stomach most mornings. I have developed ringing in my right ear and burning in my stomach after eating(not always). I'm becoming really depressed and don't have any energy.I can get angry real fast for minor reasons.i did not mean to cold turkey I did it by accident. I had already been off the pills for several weeks and most thought that I should just stay off at that point. I hope that was the right choice and that I have not screwed myself up worse. To make matters worse I had some blood tests that showed some liver enzymes out of wack. I have been exposed to hep c in the past and now fear that it has returned. 10 years ago my doctor after taking a bunch of tests told me that I was one of the lucky ones and my immune system cleared this and that I should have no worries in the future. Well I read of other people that were told this only to find out that the tests back then were not as sensitive as they are now and they had gotten bad information from their doctors. I'm now waiting to get re tested. You can imagine the stress this is causing,not a very good thing for recovery.i don't mean to ramble but it does seem to help writing this. I welcome any responce and support. Thank you for listening.  Dennis 

Dennis, I'm sorry you are going through this and I know it's rough.  Writing does help so write all you want.  There were times that I would type forever and then hit delete, it just helped getting it all out.

Reinstating may not have made you feel any better.  Often times that doesn't work and then you end up tapering.  It was a rough decision regardless which way you went.  Just go with the waves and let it flow over you, just recognize it for what it is and it helps a little.

You can get a lot of false readings during the initial wd.  Your whole system is out of sync and your readings are not relieable.  Unless you are really worried, or have some serious symptoms, I would wait until I was 3 months off before testing.  That was when I saw the biggest improvement and have been improving since.  Rough times crop up but nothing like the first months.

You can do this, come back and post all you want.  If you haven't read other post do that and you will see you are not in this alone.  Just come back often, no need to suffer in silence!

Hang in there Dennis. It does get better. Now that you're 30 days off you may have a week or two of more rough stuff and then things will start getting better-- symptoms waning, then waxing, then waning again. Ear ringing (tinnitus) is very common with this. Make sure you keep your protein levels up.

rufus

I keep thinking about the protein and I'm eating it more, but can't remember why it was important...something to do with GABA repair if I recall correctly? ...Benzo fog  :2funny:

Jarocho

I keep thinking about the protein and I'm eating it more, but can't remember why it was important...something to do with GABA repair if I recall correctly? ...Benzo fog  :2funny:

Jarocho

I definitely read that it's supposed to help with the fatigue.

http://www.virtuallandmedia.com/a5/22/t.gif