Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Weight Gain

[Pe...]

I have been taking2mg of Klonopin for 15

years for anxiety and bipolar Depression. I weaned off them one year ago and gained 45 lbs binge eating now. Should I talk to my Dr about getting

back on them? I take no other medicines.

Hello Petman123, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Congratulations on being benzo free, this is an amazing achievement and one I hope you can keep.  When I recovered from my Klonopin cold turkey I felt so good I went on an eating binge too and gained a lot of weight but I eventually got my balance back and was able to take it off.  I would never go back on a drug that almost destroyed me to lose weight when there are so many other ways to accomplish it.

Do you still have anxiety and depression and are you still bi-polar, I'm wondering if a better way to go about this would to address those issues to see if they might be playing a role in your eating behavior?  Are you seeing a doctor for these issues?

I'll provide a link so you can navigate the forum but please reach out to our members to get feedback.

Pamster

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

No (do not reinstate benzos)...... losing weight is a cakewalk compared to detoxing benzos. If you are feeling ok except for the weight gain, you are like so lucky and most ppl here without any weight issues would trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Welcome to BB Petman123. Besides the binge-eating, are you feeling ok otherwise?

What kinds of food are you binge-eating?