Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Kia ora

[Ao...]

Kia ora,

Actively weaning off DIAZEPAM 12.5 mg daily in 2 x doses.

Switched from LORAZ to DIAZ abt a year ago.

Was on LORAZ daily for maybe 10 years?

As I switched to DIAZ from LORAZ, I also weaned off ZOPICLONE.

Have managed to wean of 2.5mg of DIAZ - has taken months to get down this much. Lots of bumps in the road. Has taken me a year of false starts to get to this point. Want off this in 12 months. Can I do it ??

Have to go extremely slowly, as I get REALLY bad pain as a side effect if I drop too much at a time. Have to reduce a very small dose only.

Was cutting bits off my 5mg tablets every two weeks - like trying to cut a 1/2 off a half of a 1/4 of a 5mg tab - hopelesssly inaccurate - felt like crap every time I dropped a dose, then started to feel okay, and had to drop another dose - continual roller coaster :(

Rebound Insomnia is like frikkin torture plus muscle/ joint pain in my neck is unreal.

Have changed to titration - dissolve 1.2 ( 2.5mg) tablet in water and take off with a syringe 0.5 mg per day. Have done this for one week only so far.

Rebound Insomnia has just kicked in after one week reducing - wide awake at 3am . Once I was even awake ALL night til 6 am !

Have a supportive family Dr but she doesn't know the real nitty gritty abt getting off these Benzos. Have to research on here and Ashton,

Thank in advance to all for you for any support you give[/color]

Hi  Aotearoaaroha :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad to have you here.  You have made a lot of progress,  well done, you will get plenty of support here.  Its great that you have a supportive doctor.  The general recommendation is to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days, go with whatever rate you are comfortable with. We have a great community check out the forum. Our members are knowledgeable and friendly people who understand this process. 

The  Ashton Manual  is an excellent resource for information about these medications and gives a lot of information about withdrawal/tapering. 

Here are some helpful links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

Titration Taper Plans

Insomnia

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant

advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita