Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

N/m

[ab...]

I think right now since your night dose is 1mg Xanax- the equivalent dose would be correct (.5mg Xanax, 10mg Valium).  Try that out for a week or even 2 weeks since Valium takes a while to build up in your system and see how you do. 

Do you have a Psychiatrist who could work on a crossover plan with you going forward if you do OK with the Valium? 

I am sure there are more experienced people on here who will chime in. 

In my experience (and I know everyone's is NOT the same), I just crossed over directly from .5mg Xanax to 10mg Valium (in the evenings) without any issues at all.  With that being said, I still take 1mg Xanax in the late morning- I haven't touched that dose just yet.  The Valium actually made me sedated and I slept much better.  I am now getting ready to taper to 6mg on Monday.  I have a big event tomorrow that I planned and am waiting until after that to taper again.

Give the Valium a try, you may find it's a good fit for you.  I have zero interdose with it.  The Xanax interdose was a nightmare!  I feel for you as I have been there!

Hang in there and give it a try!

machka Yes, the Xanax interdose is a nightmare!  I give those people who taper from Xanax alone lots of credit!  I couldn't do it.  Valium has such a long half life and at least with me, there is zero interdose, I actually feel sedated from it (which I agree is much better and at least tolerable).  It did cause depression with me as well, but that lifted after about 3 weeks.  It also caused brain fog in a bad way as well, but that also lifted (some).  I just tapered to 6mg Valium in the evenings last night, so I will probably go through the depression and brain fog again, but at least I know what to expect and that it will eventually go away.  Hang in there, Xanax is Evil, I get it.  I actually hate taking my late morning dose, but don't have a choice and that is a really crappy feeling!  Looking forward to tapering that dose!  I am going slow, not in a rush and want to be successful this time!  I don't want this drug or big Pharma to control me any longer!