Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Getting off of klonopin

[Sn...]

Hi.  I've tapered from 1 mg klonopin down to .1 mg over 6 months.  My last taper was from .14mg to .1mg and it's been very rough- terrifying really.  I have 2 questions.  It seems harder to taper at lower doses. Is that true? And I have bad depression.  Will that get better once off klonopin.  Thx very much

It took me over a year to taper off 2mg it got worse the lower the dose . I liquid titrated all the way to zero. Had some side effects nearly a year off

Both of you tapered much faster than me. I started tapering down from .875 mg of clonazepam in the middle of September, and I'm down to .392 mg today going at 6.1% / 14 days as a dry DMT (Daily Micro Taper). I feel like my symptoms have gotten worse in some ways after going below .5 mg, but some of the bigger symptoms like anhedonia, inability to interact and connect with others for large parts of the day, depression, and dread have gotten much better as I've moved down. I'll just have to see what happens after I get down even further.

Unfortunately everyone is different, and some people heal faster than others after coming off. It sounds like it would be worth slowing down a bit if your symptoms have gotten really bad.

[71...]

Snoop, yes.  Below .1 has much harder for me. 

It took me 1 year to reduce from 2MG to .5.

It took me 4.5 Months to reduce from .5 to .1

And it's taken me over 7 months to reduce from .1 to my current level of .020 because it's been so hard.