Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Getting off of klonopin

[Sn...]

Hi

I'm at the tail end of tapering off of 1 mg of klonopin.  In six months I'm down to .1 mg.  I tapered 2 weeks ago from .14 to .1 mg and it's been rough.  Seems to be harder at the lower doses - is that common?  Very bad depression.  I'm close but still work left.  I'm hoping the depression eases when I'm finally off. Thx

Hello Snoop44, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You've done such a great job of reducing your dose and yes, many members report the last little bit being the most difficult so they slow their tapers down. 

That depression is bad isn't it, hopefully it will lift after you're off the Klonopin and recovered.

Please let us know how we can help you, I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum but we're glad you're here.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Oh yes, it definitely is harder, the lower you go.

Hi Snoop, good to have you here. O.1mg is a fantastic dose to get to. Well done you!!  The depression I had from taking Lorazepam has completely disappeared now I have quit. I’m sure yours will too. Wish you well. Here to help. Hardy.