Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Johnny Depp

[Ga...]

Has anyone been watching the Civil Suit trial?

I liked johnny in alot of movies. After 6 yrs isn't it time Amber quit whining and move on?

It's been said Jonny's on benzos. Not sure which ones.  I hope he wins in the court case.

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny Depp was on cocaine and opioids :(

It starts with an R.

He hired a private addictions nurse. Was put on phenobarbital but he couldn't handle the w/d.

He drank on top of it àll.

Wow  :

Guess noonenes interested. I find the trial interesting.  They put him on Xanax.

He seems kind of drugged when he's on the stand.

No! - I'm watching. 

I'm waiting for the defense witnesses which would include testimony about what both Heard and Depp are on - drug wise.  So far it sounds like both were taking benzos with other drugs and alcohol.  They are both at extreme risk of mortality from overdose or accidents if they continue this way -- even in their separate lives.  I think most psychiatric diagnoses are almost worthless if someone is misusing drugs and alcohol on the reg.

I thought the way they tried to detox Depp was b.s. without intelligent tapering and so of course he was miserable and relapsed.  The defense expert today, tues. was pretty good.

Hi wannabe

I was wondering about the woman psychologist last week. She had a 3 to 4 hr dinner w johnny. That doesn't seem very professional? She was hired by him to test Amber.

I hope amber takes the stand soon. They had a bad marriage

Amber drank a bottle of red wine every night. Wow.....

They had some drug brought in for their wedding.

Most ppl just drink some champagne. Just wow

I love Johnny Depp, he's a great actor but I bet hard to live with.

Yes - I think being "interviewed" by Depp and his legal team with dinner and alcohol really detracts from her professionalism and testimony.  If I were a juror I wouldn't get past that.  She is star struck and biased.  Additionally, diagnosing an actor as having borderline personality disorder -- I laughed out loud.  What actor doesn't have some of that (and narcissism)

I have been a decades long Depp fan but his personal life choices, conduct and wanting to sue his ex to expose all their dirt leaves me turned off and sad, actually.  She's no prize but he picked her.

I listened to Amber today. Wow, he's a mean drunk!

When you do jury duty you have to listen to both sides.

I hope he doesn't win his $50,000 ,000 awsuit. What if ambers telling the truth?

I saw Amber, too.  I don't like her but I believe her.  I think Depp just trivializes his conduct and probably can't really remember too much.  He needs the Disney contract and she interfered with it.  He has many on his payroll.

And it disgusts me all the negative comments about Amber Hear on Youtube, Twitter and Facebook.  Wow - so disturbing.  People just can't believe Depp can be a jerk and drunkard.  We all get so mesmerized by Hollywood and wealth.

I know. All the negative remarks about her.

They haven't even heard her side of the story yet.

Wow - I believe Amber Heard but I am apparently in the minority.  In court Depp could just stand up and say "I don't want to do this anymore" and just pay the 100 mil which he has.  He might have to sell the island.  It would renew my admiration of him.  It would be big of him.  She was a kid and didn't know what she was getting in to.  He should have known better.  And then he should write his own op-ed in the Washington Post.

I think alot of people are on Johnny's pay roll ncluding his sister.

It was obvious she wasn't going to admit to ANYthing except it's all Ambers fault.

They looked the other way when he was mean to amber.

Hey, Kiwi -I like your icon.

I think Depp's career was in trouble before this trial.  Why he wanted to sue Heard for defamation was more his own ego gone amuck (and need to keep his contract with Disney).  All that is required is one proven clobber by Depp and defamation is ridiculous.  Hopefully, the jury isn't a bunch of Depp fans.  She's an annoying flake but was definitely hit a few times.  So what the contusions were minor or she struck back.  Doesn't matter. 

But the Pirate franchise was already tanking with Disney so I don't understand.  And I find Hollywood Vampires obnoxious, really.  Does anyone see or listen to them? .  Are they any good?

I used to love Johnny Depp!  I am very saddened to hear what a mess he still is privately.  He's just a good actor after all.  But if he keeps this lifestyle up with another young borderline, he may not see 60.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Ambers sister, Whitney.

I also believe Rocky Pennington. She started crying. JOHNNY D sounds like a nightmare.

Yes - I watched a lot of the defense witnesses today, too.  It's clear that the testimony and all that corroboration means Depp cannot meet threshold for defamation.  He lost with The Sun in the UK.  I don't know why he wants to keep putting himself through this.  He earned 65 million one year.  Take your money and call your ex a liar and move on.

One proven instance or assault and emotional abuse is all it takes to lose this defamation lawsuit. She's proven it.

Depp is using the system to continue abusing Heard who is just a young, not too smart and irritating actress.    Just because people don't like her and she is bizarre with details, doesn't make her a liar.  He picked her, after all.  He is almost 20 years older than she!  He married a devoted kid actress and just drank and drank.

I've been grieving about Johnny Depp.  I've been a fan since he did Cry Baby because I loved John Waters, too. Libertine is one of my favorite films ever.  I think his crazed old lady Depp fan base like myself have to grieve, too.  He is not what we thought he was. The fantasy is over.

You nailed it wannabe better

I felt same way about Marvin gaye. Such a good singer and songwriter. From a dysfunctional family. He also had a much younger wife, Jan and was abusive.

I read her book.....

I believe ambers sister and friend, rocky. I hope amber doesn't have to pay the $50,000,000. Depp is rich, he doesn't need it.

I'm amazed at the Johnny worship. He gets pretty mean in real life.

It was unreal the way he tore up that house in Australia. Ambers lucky she got out.

people have no sympathy for amber heard, maybe because she hit johnny deep and johnny deep had pictures to prove it  but I  agree johnny deep being older and powerful  guy  in relationship could have easily manipulate her  and put her in sticky situation

I think folks are forgetting this is not a criminal trial.  Unlike suing a newspaper, Depp is suing Heard for defamation.  She only has to convince a jury of 7 (and 2 alternates) in VA superior court that he injured her and emotionally abused her over time.  She met that threshold days ago. 

They apparently hit each other and threw things, etc.yes.  So Depp should write his own article about how she is a liar and how he is a victim of DV and she can sue him for defamation.  But he'd never do that.  It's a male ego thing in the end,  I guess, to do it in crazy court among his fans.  His charge of her op-ed damaging his career is flimsy.  He knew as a young actress, she was going to be damaged more.  He still has his hooks in her in a creepy DV way.

Hell hath no fury like a rich and famous male movie star scorned. 

The story Ambers sister told was harrowing about him holding the little dog out the window of the car.

I believe her.

He's pretty scary.

However, imma wondering why amber didn't see a Dr when she thought her nose was broken?

The story Ambers sister told was harrowing about him holding the little dog out the window of the car.

I believe her.

He's pretty scary.

However, imma wondering why amber didn't see a Dr when she thought her nose was broken?

Yeah I'm thinking that if you are married to a very popular, rich person -- going to the E.R. with a broken nose would potentially leak to the press and be the scandal that really ends the marriage.  Even if a dr. came to the house, it could leak out and be a huge scandal.  I guess she waited it out to see if her nose was really broken.  She may be scatter brained and exaggerating but generally truthful and shows the skills of a young, not very good actress.

Didn't you think it was weird how Depp spoke in the third person in his original direct and cross?  Why didn't they ask him to cut it out?  It was so pompous.

The guy at the Trailer park was confusing

Amber said Johnny was mean that night but the trailer park guy said Amber wasn't nice and johnny seemed a little afraid of her!

That trailer park sounded fun to stay at. I love old travel trailers.

I guess because it was not a criminal trial - the defendant and the plaintiff don't have to be present for the verdict?  Depp flew to the UK over the weekend.

I'm wondering if the jurying VA doesn't even need a consensus but a plurality so it can't be hung.  Is there even any sentencing by the judge or does the jury award, I wonder.

I don't think they have to be in court for the verdict.

Probably their lawyers do?

I would vote against Amber heard.  I hope they don't have a hung jury!