Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does anyone have waves that dramatically increase twitching and shaking?

[Ha...]

When I say dramatically increase twitching, I mean my left eyelid doesnt stop, at all, non stop, biceps, shoulder muscles, lats and especially calves are non stop twitching it is like someone is playing a piano under my skin.

I think I ate/did something that set this off + some stress, but omg it has never been this bad. Acid nerve pain down my neck and on different parts of my skin is also all of a sudden up too. ugh.

I'd put my money on stress doing this to you, from what I've observed, its the worst.  Has the stress been resolved so you can get back to your baseline?

I'd put my money on stress doing this to you, from what I've observed, its the worst.  Has the stress been resolved so you can get back to your baseline?

Hey Pamster, the stress is definitely resolved - I am actually not sure if it was triggered by something I had ate, which actually may have been from having too many halls cough drops or taking epsom salt baths or the other way around making me more susceptible to stress. I was definitely incredibly anxious for a day or so leading up the event and then on the event as well - had to give a presentation, I'm usually not worried about those things but something had set me off that made it worse. I just can't remember even having this much twitching and shaking even in immediate acute, I can't emphasize enough how bad it is, it's super disheartening.

I'm glad it's resolved, stress is so powerful, I believe its the number one contributor to increased symptom severity.  I know it's discouraging, how long has it been since you gave the presentation?

It's been about a week now, mentally I don't feel anxious but the non-stop body tremor and twitching is just really getting me down. It's quite painful.

Stress is definitely a brutal contributor I have no idea how everything got this bad it is kind of scary.